Forums

Help › Forums

Free Drop Bug #18 ST Andrews

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 20 2010 3:30 AM (7 replies)
  • eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 2:14 AM

on the 18th Fairway there is a white barrier marking the boundries with cars on the otherside. i drove my first shot that stop just before the white barrier. "immovable object " "free drop" came up. however it put me back on the tee box with a 2nd shot displayed.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 1:58 PM

Strange... did you report it to WGT? 

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 2:34 PM

Hi ES,

I'm having a hard time duplicating that myself as you can see by the picture below.  Can you shed some light on the area where your ball stopped?  And were you able to submit a bug report in game?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:07 PM

WGTniv, perhaps he means before the road? 

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:11 PM

I was up and down that hole a few times, before the road and after it.  I mostly stuck to the areas where the drive would land, but this was just the best shot I had of me being right up against the fence.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:21 PM

Unless we're discussing the point where the cartpath and the fence intersect.

The ball rolling up to the cartpath is a known bug....  Immovable Object, Free Drop, Lost Ball...

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:31 PM

Snaike:
    The ball rolling up to the cartpath is a known bug....  Immovable Object, Free Drop, Lost Ball...

That is correct, but in those situations you aren't returned back to the teebox, you're just set behind the cartpath.  He didn't mention a lost ball either so this may be a bit of a different situation.  Hopefully ES can provide a picture of the area he experienced this and we can look a little closer.

I'm thinking that the drop logic is getting involved here.  It's likely that there was no legal place (not closer to the hole) to drop the ball in bounds 1 clublength from where it was, which would explain why it was returned to the tee.  Without checking into it further though there's no way to no for sure.  Hopefully he submitted a bug report because that would tell us the exact the point where the ball stopped.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 3:30 AM

Hi Niv

unfortunatly i didnt save a pic of submit the problem and judging by the pic you saved you wont get much closer to where i landed.

RSS