Forums

Help › Forums

quitting a game should come with a price!!!!

Thu, Jul 1 2010 12:57 PM (25 replies)
  • JIMMY1965
    1 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 9:56 PM

people woh quit should get a mandatorey 5points add to there ranking. it crap that people just quit to conserve a ranking. at the very least you should post how many abandon games each player has so one can deceide if he/she even wants to start a game with said player. ENOUGH WITH THE QUITTERS!

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 10:00 PM

JIMMY1965:
    at the very least you should post how many abandon games each player has so one can deceide if he/she even wants to start a game with said player.

A feature like that is already under development. It's called Player Reputation and it will display the percentage of completed multiplayer games every player has.  You can also check out the other features we have in development in the Upcoming Product Release thread.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 10:53 PM

JIMMY1965:

people woh quit should get a mandatorey 5points add to there ranking. it crap that people just quit to conserve a ranking. at the very least you should post how many abandon games each player has so one can deceide if he/she even wants to start a game with said player. ENOUGH WITH THE QUITTERS!

The reason why point additions/average penalties aren't already in use is because of potential connection problems. For instance, if someone disconnects from a game due to internet troubles, and is unable to get back online, it would be unfair to penalize them. 

With the method nivlac (WGTniv) has mentioned above, it wouldn't completely eliminate people quitting, but it would give you the opportunity to view the reliability of a potential opponent before challenging him in Match/Stroke Play! 

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 12:20 AM

lets not forget though....some ppl quit because they have pulled a muscle or cricked their neck and need a massage....ha

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 6:44 AM

nickuk:

lets not forget though....some ppl quit because they have pulled a muscle or cricked their neck and need a massage....ha

And some quit due to an electrical storm. Some quit due to an emergency call if they are part of a volunteer fire department. Some quit if they get tired of other players slow loading. Some quit because their computer is slow loading that day and they don't wish to delay others. Some quit because opponents tease or taunt them to try to distract them. Some quit because everyone else quits and they don't care to finish a round alone.

There are many legitimate reasons for a person to have to quit. How would you structure this new program so as not to taint the reputation of a player that had to quit for a good reason?

JUST LEAVE IT ALONE AND MAKE A LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CHRISKATZ
    1 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 6:54 AM

I agree 100%.. 
    There should be some ramifications if someone quits becuse they blew a hole and there score.  Please do something about this!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 7:52 AM

AlaCowboy:
    There are many legitimate reasons for a person to have to quit. How would you structure this new program so as not to taint the reputation of a player that had to quit for a good reason?

You require any person leaving a multi-player game to complete that round before playing again OR accept a drop in reputation. Those that need to quit for a legitimate reason can complete their round solo without affecting their reputation.  This also effectively eliminates quitting a multi-player game to protect one's average.

This has been proposed all over the forums in December and summarized nicely here.

• don300
    36 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 9:48 AM

Many times, when a player quits, it freezes the game for the others.  Does anybody know what causes this?  I had one player suggest that if you quit on somebody else's turn, the others will not be frozen out.  Or if you quit by using the menu instead of the "X" button.  Does anybody know if these are true?

Don

• drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 10:07 AM

i jsut wish if they are gonna quit...quit on my putt not before their shot

if they quit before their shot...it freezes...but if they quit on my shot...it will continue as normal

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 10:24 AM

Generally if the player quits out through the menu there is no problem.

The freeze happens when they hit the X.

As for hitting the X when others are playing I do not know.

If I am playing a pick-up multi-player round, at the beginning I ask players to use the menu if they are going to quit.

RSS