Forums

Help › Forums

Missed ding putting method and putter upgrades

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 5 2022 3:26 AM (26 replies)
  • flogomatic
    65 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 1:50 AM

I have always played the missed ding putting method with the beginner putter and someone suggested that the accuracy is so bad on the freebie club that i should upgrade to have a more reliable putt

I figure as you get better putters the "forgiveness' wont allow the method to work well

is there anyone out here who has experience with this please?

thanks in advance

• shoeshinethis
    1,090 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 2:21 AM

I would say the 2 best putters for missing the ding method. Are the Rossa, and Nike,  I have tried them all and these 2 worked best for me.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 2:23 AM

The beginner putter is a damned good club, which is probably why WGT did away with it. If you want to upgrade I'd go for the Rossa.

• WeidaDeNei
    298 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:00 PM

Id like to think putting is my strength I usedthe missed ding style for the first two months. Triedall the putters with the missed ding style and the best one is the beginner putter with the rossa coming in second and the nike method "lower lvl" coming in third.

In my honest opinion though I GAVE up the method.. worked on reading breaks and started trying to ding all my putts and my stats have improveed because of that...

BUT if you are set in your wys yu may want to UPgrade to the rossa... After that Start using a distance meter much longer then your putt...

fore example.. for a 15 ft putt... use a 50 ft meter rather then a 20 ft.. this will help the putt play more to the break on those putts that break more. (Hope that can be understood). I did this and once u get the hang of it seems to work well wth the rossa.

GL to you!

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:18 PM

The "missed ding" method will find it's limits when it comes to the tourney greens. Then some sideslopes will not be coverable missing the ding to the max, and the speed may become uncalculable. Player will then have to move the marker, results being meagre because he's not used to this. That's where I am :(

Therefore I'd suggest to go with the "ding" method from the start which is more universal.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 1:58 AM

alosso:
    The "missed ding" method will find it's limits when it comes to the tourney greens.

I find it strange to hear you say that alosso , i have used the miss ding technique since day 1 , and have no trouble with this method on the TOURNY GREENS , and i use a level 66 ghost , i actually upgraded to the level 92 ghost and had so much trouble i sold it back and re bought the level 66 ghost once again  !    

I think the extra precision on the higher level putter was not so good for the miss ding , or maybe i just didn't give it enough time !

dflop  !

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 2:03 AM

Are you sure to find each hole on OLY and OAK with this technique from strong sidebreak lies? I don't.

And, what is strange to my experience & opinion?

• drxjr
    36 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 3:26 AM

i use the nike putter,its the best i have found. missed ding putting is the only way i have putted and i dont have a problem with it

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 3:24 PM

alosso:
    And, what is strange to my experience & opinion?

No nothing personal , when i am on a cliff i do move the marker a yard or 2 and then play the missed ding to compensate fo the extra break  , sorry if i expressed myself in the wrong way !

dflop  !

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 4:43 PM

I suppose it is different from Player to Player. I have always hit early or late. Don't know if it is a correct way to go, but it is very ingrained with me...one look and boom.

RSS