Forums

Help › Forums

Missed ding putting method and putter upgrades

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 5 2022 3:26 AM (26 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 6:44 PM

Well, I ain't no great shakes , but, I've done pretty well with a combination of both, ding / missed ding. I find on the tougher slopes, hittin' the ding isn't always your best option. 1/2 inch more or less either way makes a world of difference. Wgticon says otherwise, but what's he know ?

Doc

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 6:45 PM

If you have been here awhile your 1 putt sats should be around 50%.  If not maybe you need to change the way you putt,  what ever way that is.

• RKPayne
    213 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 7:48 PM

I use the Tour Starter putter and have always used the missed ding technique. I play 99 percent Tourney greens now, and that putter and method works fine. I have tried every putter available, and have not found any that beats the Tour Starter for me.

Bob Payne

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 10:25 AM

lulz im level 76 about to get to 77 and buy nike putter(using starter right now) and have 94 ranked rounds and 26.42% 1 putt 59.29% 2 putt x_x 

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 10:36 AM

drmoose:

Wgticon says otherwise, but what's he know ?

Don't know if it's a joke or if that's a serious question. Just in case it's not a joke

http://www.wgt.com/user/profile.aspx?UserID=80340

Anyone can compare his own 1 putt % with the one of Icon.

Regards

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:15 AM

I went through a phase a bit back missing ding on putts 6/7 or so feet and less and it was great for a bit, then went south on me. Back to aiming and (hoping for) the ding

Was mentioned prior about using a higher scale than needed... it's a tremendous help in dinging putts.

Can't quite get into the real large scales though..maybe someday:)

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 2:27 PM

genorb:
    Don't know if it's a joke or if that's a serious question.

genorb, of course it's a joke, lol, I'd gladly trade stats with most any of you, but, obviously, the correct way to go is to earn them :) . Now , if anyone would be so kind as to give us the correct flag placement to hit the "ding" on the 2nd hole of this months' putting challenge, we would be ever so grateful, lol.

Doc

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 2:34 PM

SweetiePie:

I suppose it is different from Player to Player. I have always hit early or late. Don't know if it is a correct way to go, but it is very ingrained with me...one look and boom.

Me too!  I picked up this habit from a version of Tiger Woods PGA from years back and it's stuck.  However as Alosso says, sometimes the break is too great and then you have to move the cursor as well.  Calculator for distances and pure feel for breaks is the way I do it.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 2:59 PM

drmoose:

genorb, of course it's a joke,

OK lol, was not sure :) . By the way, I cannot really help you for the putting challenge. The scored posted are far too low for me, at least with a putter :) . So I do not play them.

Regards

RSS