Help › Forums

People Quitting

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 15 2010 2:32 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • butterbox
    3 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 4:33 PM

I have had people quit on me,i couldnt careless ,i play golf for the enjoyment.I think they quit because i am not good enough,HELLO we all have to start out as hacks,and if i dont get to master level Stiff,i never quit,so if anyone wantsa game look me up BUTTERBOX. cheers

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 5:05 PM

This is a common response we get in the forums after people play random multiplayer rounds. The best advice I can give you is, don't play random games, play with friends or join a ladder site.

Here are some sites you can meet and play with some great people who don't quit:

GolfSeeker

WGTLS

It isn't you btw, some people care about their average so much they will quit the round to maintain their average. Have fun!

Rehill

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 7:32 PM

That's the chance that you take when playing multiplayer rounds. Some people are less tolerant of new players than others. Myself.. when I'm playing a random round I offer advice. That's just me. It's not always well received but I try! lol.

It's the status quo of the "followers" (substituted instead of sycophants) on here to suggest that you shouldn't play random multiplayer rounds. (Sorry Richard). What they fail to realize is that often times playing such random multiplayer rounds is a great way to meet new people and make new friends.

After all when you're new to the game you won't likely have many friends on here.

You stated that you play for the enjoyment. So just enjoy it! You'll get better in time. This isn't like a console golf game where you're going to jump on and master it in a day or two!

People disconnect. It happens. Don't allow that to stop you from playing new people and making new friends. I play the game from deep within a military base that has about 5000 different firewalls so it's difficult for me to play multiplayer as of late. It just loads too slow. However when i'm at home I thoroughly enjoy playing random multiplayer games; as a matter of fact i greatly prefer it over tournaments. Just my few cents and opinion. GL in the game.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 8:40 PM

butterbox:

I have had people quit on me,i couldnt careless ,i play golf for the enjoyment.I think they quit because i am not good enough,HELLO we all have to start out as hacks,and if i dont get to master level Stiff,i never quit,so if anyone wantsa game look me up BUTTERBOX. cheers

I seldom quit, so I sent you a friend request. Look me up sometime.

Oh, I did quit a game last night. A bobcat was wandering in my back yard near the horse corral so I had to go shoot it.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 9:13 PM

smason77:

It's the status quo of the "followers" (substituted instead of sycophants) on here to suggest that you shouldn't play random multiplayer rounds. (Sorry Richard). What they fail to realize is that often times playing such random multiplayer rounds is a great way to meet new people and make new friends.

I suggest not playing random multiplayer matches to people who are seldomly finding players that will complete a round. I occasionally play random matches, but when someone comes on the forum, wondering why hardly anyone finished the round it's simple; they should play with friends or users from the ladder sites.

No one is denying that random matches can help you make friends, but they sure aren't reliable for playing a complete match with someone... and that's why people suggest alternative ways to play.

Rehill

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 12:01 PM

smason77:

What Richard said... and Rehill reiterated... is very simple.  Most folks with the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader can understand.

We are not advising anyone to NOT play any multi-player rounds.  What we have said over and over is that if you start a multi-player round you should not be surprised if someone quits.  And, obviously, should you wish to play with people who will not quit, and increase your friends list, you should look to the two offsite groups.

Random multi-player games are a fun change of pace.  You get to meet a whole new group of people and some will become friends.  The other side of that coin is that there are few who will quit and tarnish the experience.  It's a crap shoot.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 8:21 PM

Snaike:

What Richard said... and Rehill reiterated... is very simple.  Most folks with the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader can understand.

rehill:

The best advice I can give you is, don't play random games

rehill:

I suggest not playing random multiplayer matches

I guess that makes you a 2nd grader then huh Snaike?

What I stated is even more simple. For new players random multi-player games are a good way to simply meet new people. Not so hard to comprehend.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 4:48 AM

Snaike:
    What Richard said... and Rehill reiterated... is very simple.  Most folks with the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader can understand.

TOTALLY UNNECESSARY, put the attack dog back into the fenced area

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 2:27 PM

Thank you, SMason77 and x1524807, for proving my point beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Have a really, really nice day.     

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 2:29 PM

Snaike:
    Thank you, SMason77 and x1524807, for proving my point beyond any shadow of a doubt.

ONLY IN YOUR MIND

• PAGES
RSS