Help › Forums

people disconnecting

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 12 2010 9:12 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • magicnz
    3 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 4:58 AM

Why is it that when your playing against someone, they disconnect?? is it a bug or do they just leave because either they are losing or just can't be bothered? its SO annoying...any responses welcome

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 10:36 AM

Read this post.

Bottom line... stop playing random multi-player games.

• Neandrathal
    32 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 1:29 PM

magicnz:

Why is it that when your playing against someone, they disconnect?? is it a bug or do they just leave because either they are losing or just can't be bothered? its SO annoying...any responses welcome

I've only been here for a couple of weeks,and have had that happen too.I have double problem there as well,playing from public access comp with an auto 1 hr cut off.I figure 9 holes should not take an hour,but so far have only been able to finish 1 round.              

...N...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 3:13 PM

Neandrathal:

but so far have only been able to finish 1 round.              

...N...

Hey ...N..., look at the post just above yours.  Follow the links to the place where people don't quit.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 4:43 PM

matchplay....theres no way out!!!

• rgbuck
    9 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 7:02 PM

Very simple...they disconnect because they only save good play so that they can reach Master level quicker. That is why we have a bunch of Master level players on WGT that play at an amateur level. They also do not care that when they quit like that most of the time the rest of the players freeze up and have to quit too. It is very rude and very cheap. I am tired of it as well...

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 7:44 PM

Snaike:

Read this post.

This game doesn't have to be so intensive. Many people just play it for fun.. not for bragging rights. I'm of the opinion that if people wish to brag and bolster they should do it on a REAL (physical) course. Not a virtual one.

I think random multi-player games are fun. Some people quit. Just call them Tiger. NBD!

Try to understand and realize that it's just a game. It has NOTHING to do with your "manhood".

1,644 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 6:45 AM

smason77:

Snaike:

Read this post.

This game doesn't have to be so intensive. Many people just play it for fun.. not for bragging rights. I'm of the opinion that if people wish to brag and bolster they should do it on a REAL (physical) course. Not a virtual one.

I think random multi-player games are fun. Some people quit. Just call them Tiger. NBD!

Try to understand and realize that it's just a game. It has NOTHING to do with your "manhood".

Ummm.. Smason... you're preaching to the choir on this one dude...

• QPRTYPOWER
    4 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 8:21 AM

okay here it is...........

i have been playing for a number of days and while the game has problems , most problems are with pathetic people who disconnect because they have a crap round, welcome to my world!

i got my first  ever double birdie round and never got to finish because the others left and i was stuck,  isnt there something that can be done about this as it is cheating!

if you dont want bad scores , dont play.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 11:30 AM

Ummm.. Smason... you're preaching to the choir on this one dude...

He'll figure it out soon enough... lol 

Remember, Reading Is FUNdamental!

QPRTYPOWER:
    i got my first  ever double birdie round and never got to finish because the others left and i was stuck,  isnt there something that can be done about this as it is cheating!
    Heyas Q... first of all, if you were having a good round and someone bailed and froze your machine, you will have the opportunity to finish it solo the next time you come back... therefore, that is never an excuse.

Second, you need to read the post highlighted above.  Quitting isn't cheating but it IS huge pain in the ass...  The way around it is to join the Ladders or GolfSeekers.  They don't quit, they want new friends and faces, and they have a lot of fun playing WGT golf.

As I said above.. if you don't like quitters, stop playi.... errr.. nevermind, I've said it enough in this thread.

Peace.

• PAGES
RSS