Forums

Help › Forums

Opponent/MP meter accuracy revealed/club selection?

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 5 2010 6:36 AM (8 replies)
  • cyl6
    347 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 12:17 PM

Hi, I didn't see this suggestion anywhere, so I'll throw it out there at the risk of being duplicative.

Would it be possible to see where your opponent/other players hit on their meter? Did they "ding" it? Did they miss by a huge margin? I'm always curious. If I play with friends, they'll tell me how they did, but others don't. I'd be curious to learn if it was a physical mistake (i.e. a bad click) or a mental mistake (i.e. bad club selection or aim) that led to the shot someone else played.

Along those same lines, could we see what club is being selected in MP? In real life you can see what club your fellow competitors are playing, so it would give you some idea on how to play your own shot. Thus, there is an advantage to going last in the group since you can see how everyone else did.

I think there are pros and cons to allowing others to see your club selection and shot. Maybe it could be turned on or off before the match.

BTW - I'm not suggesting we see their meter in real time - I'm just saying as they hit, we see on our own meter a line designating where they hit, or a corresponding "ding" if they hit the center, along with what club they hit.

• xSTILLFLY
    66 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 1:08 PM

I'm not sure if I want. But I like. It would help know if anybody made a shot on purpose. but it's also better to just keep it secretz thankkkkks <3 :)

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 1:49 PM
    maybe seeing the club but nothing else, in real mp i never say how i hit certain shot to my opponent. jmo JB
  • Shadowhawk1967
    31 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 2:36 PM

heh, my game is laggy most times with just seeing my own meter.  I'd pass on seeing someones else meter if it was put in the game.  I'd be happy to see the club selection though.

I never tell others how I hit or miss unless it is so obvious and my ball flys waaaaaaaaaaaaay left or right, then I just shout FORE (left or right) :P

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 3:00 PM

Never happen, they adjusted the game a year or so ago so you couldn't see where your opponent was aiming as to not give any information away.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 7:43 PM

claremoreblue:

Never happen, they adjusted the game a year or so ago so you couldn't see where your opponent was aiming as to not give any information away.

in real golf you are always taking points from the golfers you play with.  aiming points,  breaks for putts etc, maybe it should be the same here.  

cheers

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 5:13 AM

b0geybuster:

in real golf you are always taking points from the golfers you play with.  aiming points,  breaks for putts etc, maybe it should be the same here.  

Untrue. You never know where your opponent is aiming. You cannot stand behind your opponent when they are taking their shot. You see the break (just like hear) but not the aiming point.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 6:22 AM

Soulcatcher:
    Untrue. You never know where your opponent is aiming. You cannot stand behind your opponent when they are taking their shot. You see the break (just like hear) but not the aiming point.

Maybe if you're playing for blood in match play or a mil or 2 but golf is pretty much you against the course. An option to be able to see what the other person is doing would be nice but I would imagine coordinating 2 browsers would be a nightmare.

I know when I play IRL (In Real Life-I saw someone ask what this meant) and get matched up with complete strangers I'm rooting for them just as they encourage me. So what if he's 10 shots better than me, I know I'm going to learn something by asking and watching.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 6:36 AM

True YJ but the rules here are USGA rules which makes it not possible.

RSS