• PAGES
  • Otty
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2009 3:58 PM

Caught anybody?

regards

1,644 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2009 8:10 PM

This post just got bumped, so I decided to re-read it and thought of one more way to counter multiple accounts.  Charge a VERY nominal, one time only, fee for the privilege of entering any tournament with prizes.  What it accomplishes is this, you need a Credit Card to register, the Card has a name and Billing Address associated with it.  Based on the name and address most people would only be able to open one account.  Now I'm not sure if this would violate any privacy laws and such, and I'm not sure what you would do for people that refuse to give CC info on the net, but it's just an idea...

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2009 12:15 AM

Hi All,

Some really good ideas here. I have posted previously also on the subject of cheating. I think we have to get away from this ranking system. Its been great to get the game underway, but now I think its time to upgrade.

I cant understand why we cant work on a handicap system just like in the real game. As has been previously tabled in the forums.

I would also add a fourth tier - beginner or whatever. As your handicap improves, so you  move up through the different tiers. No need for anyone to know what the handicaps need to be to move up levels.

Just my 2 bobs worth

Doug

• john9571
    11 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2009 7:49 AM

I totally agree with that....I know for a fact there is no way that you can get a 52 on the closest to the hole challenge at Bethpage....It's NOT possible!!!!   I wish they would look into it because I agree there is cheating going on. Also, there is still a problem with the bogging down and screws your shot up on the swing meter...If they are going to have these tourneys the site needs to get these glitches out BEFORE they even have any sort of competition. I played that closest challenge over 50 times and quit before the 3rd hole because there is no way you can get a 52 or lower....LOOK INTO THE CHEATING!!!!!!

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2009 9:37 AM

John

Keep practicing buddy, the 52 is legit as well as the other low scores posted.  It will just take an accurate click, knowledge of the greens, good wind for certain holes, and a little bit of luck.

• Hotwir3
    63 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2009 6:27 PM

The last 3 rounds for me as a hack were 30,31,30, then I became an amateur....just saying....

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2009 2:06 PM

John...unbelievable. Some of us play & practice a lot.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2009 2:40 PM

Certainly not impossible. I notice you have a total of 1 ranked round. If you look at just the top three players, you'll see a total of 472 ranked rounds between them. If you add in the whole top ten the rounds would be in the thousands. Get the picture ?  Practice means everything in this game. Yes there may be cheating in this game with multiple accounts, but those shooting the lowest scores can only acheive that one way. Putting in the time playing. Period.

• PAGES
RSS