Help › Forums

New drivers

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 3 2010 12:09 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 2:24 PM
    What is the reasoning behind the faster meter and less forgiving drivers when you become a Master.As a Pro you got very forgiving clubs now you are asked to change everything.In reality if you spend all that money on a great club its forgiving with distance.
  • sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 2:43 PM

UH, hitting the ball 40yds further?

• Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 2:47 PM

So in order to hit it further you have to have a faster meter no way.As a Pro you have the option of buying a driver with a slow or faster meter.

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 2:48 PM

Same boat as you friend, but with a lot of practice, and frustration, you will get used to the faster meter, and those holes that were 3 shots to reach with Pro drivers/clubs will magically turn into 2 shot approaches.

The post ^^^ above puts it more succinctly than I have :)

• Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 2:50 PM

I understand the longer length but why only a faster meter.

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 2:58 PM

Chazzz - with the longer length comes more risk / reward. As an example, on some par 4 holes on BPB with Pro clubs you are looking at 230yds + for your second shot (#7 for example). With Master clubs, the distance becomes the same as it was off Pro tees. And reaching the SA #7 fairway is now do-able into a head wind with master clubs, whereas with Pro clubs it's usually a no-no unless you go wide left. These are just a few examples off the top of my head, but there are many more.

Admittedly, on the CTTH there is no need for a master driver (I think....) but once you get used to them it will be like you never used the pro drivers at all

• Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 3:02 PM
    My point is that in real life you wouldn't buy a 500 dollar driver that you could only hit fairly well.
  • Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 3:04 PM

In real life you pay for distance and forgivness.I gues i'm asking why would you ever spend the extra money for the I 15

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 3:28 PM

Chazzz7:

In real life you pay for distance and forgivness.

Buying a golf game here or in real life is difficult. In real life, if one is looking for more distance, balls and clubs can never answer as well as an increase in club head speed. Gaining clubhead speed in real life can only be gained by the refinements provided in Hogan's 5 lessons, not by a purchase of some marketing scheme. The faster meter here represents what it should. Wanna go deep? Speed+timing.

• Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 3:31 PM

I agree but why would you spend more money for less distance with the I15

• PAGES
RSS