Forums

Help › Forums

meter issues

Tue, May 4 2010 6:36 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pullinup
    108 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 12:58 PM
    over the last several day my meter has been super not good.... lots of other people have experienced the same situation. it makes me want to NOT PLAY. When I had just picked this game back up. Now WHY... waste $1 on a readyGO if the meter is going to cost me several strokes along the way? Isnt it funny that when Im renting irons to try them out the meter is NEVER an issue.
  • nickuk
    967 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 1:55 PM

well to take a note out of some1 elses book look over ---------->  

aint been here for a good few months....last year to be inexact....ive always found google chrome to be the best browser for the game! (u can always abort)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 3:17 PM

pullinup:
    Isnt it funny that when Im renting irons to try them out the meter is NEVER an issue.

This is very peculiar indeed. The WGT staff has taken an oath of secrecy on the meter issue.

If all the members who play the game (not for free), was to take a break from the game all at once, I bet the meter issues would miraculously be solved, instantaneously. IMO.  :)

Good luck pull.

• marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 6:38 AM
    I agree,,,the meter is one of the most challenging parts for me....every shot a different speed with the same club...hard to get reflexes tuned to the unknown...
  • micklen
    221 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 7:02 AM

marcbgd:
    I agree,,,the meter is one of the most challenging parts for me....every shot a different speed with the same club...hard to get reflexes tuned to the unknown...

Now that is totally wrong.  Yes there are different speeds between the different makes and styles of clubs and also the balls, but if you use the same set up the meter is constant.  Also if your computer is set up correctly and you are using a decent browser such as chrome your meter problems should be few and far between or indeed non existant

Mick

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 7:53 AM

micklen:
    your meter problems should be few and far between or indeed non existant

I can see using Chrome and keeping ones computer optimized for a better meter experience, but I don't believe the meter stutter will ever be non-existent for anyone as long as the game remains in Adobe flash. IMO.

• marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 6:06 AM

"Now that is totally wrong. .'

Thanks Micklen for the comment,,,but our experience is evidently different. I use ie,,and believe me when i say the meter speed is different for the same club (ie driver,,using the taylor made r9 8.5) every time..one time slower, next time super fast,,and the meter speeds up as it gets closer to the ding mark...don't know if it is the falt of the browser or not, i'm not that tech savy...but the issue does exist.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 6:26 AM

marcbgd:

"Now that is totally wrong. .'

Thanks Micklen for the comment,,,but our experience is evidently different. I use ie,,and believe me when i say the meter speed is different for the same club (ie driver,,using the taylor made r9 8.5) every time..one time slower, next time super fast,,and the meter speeds up as it gets closer to the ding mark...don't know if it is the falt of the browser or not, i'm not that tech savy...but the issue does exist.

Marcbgd...  trust me when I say this.. forget about IE and go with Chrome or Firefox. The difference is HUGE!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 8:23 AM

smason77:
    Marcbgd...  trust me when I say this.. forget about IE and go with Chrome or Firefox. The difference is HUGE!!

Without question.

• marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 10:08 AM

thanks guys,,,i've just installed chrome...not used to it yet,,,can't find a tool bar anywhere yet...but i will try and let you know. thanks again

ps. just tried firefox..better than ie. but more jitters and irradic speed than google. So I guess it's google from now on. Thanks again

• PAGES
RSS