Help › Forums

18 holes at St. Andrews

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 29 2010 9:12 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • NormH3
    214 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 5:39 AM

Several weeks ago, while searching for a round, I could have sworn that I was connected to 18 holes at St. Andrews. I declined to play, as I usually do not play a full 18. It didn't hit me that it may have been St Andrews until after I declined. I decided that my brain was playing tricks after I checked to see if the back 9 was truly available, and it wasn't.

Well last night it happened again, but this time I looked at it long and hard and confirmed that indeed it was a round of 18 at SA. I did decline the round, but would certainly like to know what's up with this. Is this some kind of bug, or is WGT teasing with an occaissional 18 at SA?

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 6:38 AM

My question is, ..Why would you decline it a second time ?..you could have been the first to play it and give us all the skinny......st. andrews..FAIL

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 6:50 AM

Magical undertones of "Golf in the Kingdom".

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 6:59 AM

NormH3:
    and confirmed that indeed it was a round of 18 at SA

Kissfan is right. This was a golden opportunity. I would've saved replays. The back nine is coming nonetheless.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 7:16 AM

Possibly WGT course designers and staff seeking feedback from the members for last minute tweaking.  Was MisterWGT one of the foursome members? 

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 7:24 AM

I have only played 18 multiplayer one other time and it was painfully slow for me. Truth be told, I can wait until the official release. If it wasn't a bug, I'm surprised the other players haven't chimed in.

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 7:25 AM

Doublemochaman:

Possibly WGT course designers and staff seeking feedback from the members for last minute tweaking.  Was MisterWGT one of the foursome members? 

I have no clue. I didn't even take note of the others.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 7:53 AM

LOL-All these hopes. Like WGT is going to blow a marketing opp and sneak the back 9 out to a select few. Have some more caffeine there, DMM.   :-D

You're probably seeing one of the multiplayer bugs that happen when you join random matches. Kinda like what happens in the weekly games sometimes-wrong graphic.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 7:59 AM

Aha, or it could be marketing genius!  Stirring up the pot, getting people to talk and debate the virtues of the new 9.  Unless they're held captive, sign a secrecy statement or forced to drink four double mochas in a row there would be no way to keep them quiet.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 8:06 AM

Hmmmm-you might be onto something after all, now that I think on it a bit. Maybe the back 9 is already there and they send you a secret code to allow you to play the front 9 backwards, which is actually the back 9 frontwards, or something like that. 

Dang-cup's empty-brb.

• PAGES
RSS