Help › Forums

ballmarks

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 29 2010 1:19 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Teedaawg
    276 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 8:39 PM
    how about marking the ball with a ball mark...what a concept!
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 9:19 PM

Teedaawg:
    how about marking the ball with a ball mark...what a concept!

Why?

• winslow123
    15 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 9:39 PM

yea me too WHY???

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 9:46 PM
    That's like asking for red tees. Wooden ones, with your company's logo on the side.
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 9:50 PM

Speaking of ball marks....... and I know, this is a stretch, lol

Has anyone else noticed that when you dig out of a deep rough lie, especially  green-side, that sometimes the divot flops out a bit, and sometimes it is visible on the next shot ans REALLY starts to slow the graphics down?

I've noticed this several times and never thought to ask, but I'd be interested to see if anyone else experiences the same thing.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 5:28 AM

Interesting VaHaLo.... I'll have to check that out for myself... wonder if it translates to meter issues for some users.  It's not an animated piece but if it's slowing stuff down , it's not too far of a stretch...

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 7:43 AM

VanHalenLover:

Has anyone else noticed that when you dig out of a deep rough lie, especially  green-side, that sometimes the divot flops out a bit, and sometimes it is visible on the next shot ans REALLY starts to slow the graphics down?

I've noticed this several times and never thought to ask, but I'd be interested to see if anyone else experiences the same thing.

I checked it out on BP #1 green.

Watched my FireFox real time usage with no divots, 1 divot, and 4 divots on the screen.

I watched the real time usage with the putting grid displayed like it would be lining up a putt, and with the putting grid off like it would be stroking a putt.

1 divot on the screen, with the grid on, showed a 15 to 45% increase in CPU usage vs. no divot .  Much less affect with the grid off, 0 to 35%

4 divots on the screen, with the grid on, showed a 52 to 57% increase in CPU usage vs no divot.  Much less affect with the grid off 0 to 35% again.

A 35% increase in CPU time between divots present and no divots present only equates to an actual 10% increase in my total CPU time.

So yes, a divot on the screen will slow your computer down while lining up a putt, but I don't see it having much of a chance of interfering with the meter.  The 10% increase in total CPU time when divots present and grid is off only happens occasionally, maybe once every 8 or 10 seconds.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 8:19 AM

hi andyson,

I have not experienced and meter changes with this scenario, just graphics hiccups and slower page load times, and it definitely seems related to the divots, as the slow down goes away when the game renders the next hole.

Just a guess, but the game 'remembering' those divot locations and placing them in the next shot is changing the  backdrop of the game from a pre-programmed image, to a calculated location of the divot overlayed within that image, which needs to be recalculated every shot. This could account for the slower response time.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 8:34 AM

While I applaud your tenacity, I really can't believe you guys are trying to figure out if a picture of a divot effects game play.  

While your at it .. try to figure this one out too .... here's my guess.

Colonel Mustard, in the Conservatory, with the Lead Pipe

:) ... Go play and have some fun ... :)

Van .. and i say this with the utmost sincerity .... with only 55 ranked rounds it's not the divots effecting your game play ... :) .... invite me some time .. you need to play more and type less.

Peace

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 8:42 AM

Professor Plum, on the road hole at St. Andrews, with MisterWGT.

• PAGES
RSS