Forums

Help › Forums

this game is hard

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 28 2010 7:52 AM (4 replies)
  • morg2thedeath
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 7:35 PM
    im using stock equipment and is there any tips or tricks I need to know about. im at hack status and is so difficult
  • smason77
    464 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:37 PM

You just have to play it and get a feel for it.. but be careful. Once you start hitting decent shots you're going to get hooked and addicted! lol

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 4:25 AM

Read THIS and THIS. That is the best place to start.

Happy Hitting

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 7:17 AM

morg2thedeath:
    im using stock equipment and is there any tips or tricks I need to know about. im at hack status and is so difficult

This game is designed to be as close to real golf as possible. If you play for real you know just how difficult it can be.

Working hard to be good enough on here to average par golf is the challenge. That is the greatness of WGT.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 7:52 AM

morg2thedeath:

I use standard equipment, and have refused to even upgrade the free driver, because to me the only way to improve is to use regs, and then you will know when you have "really" improved your game.

This has worked for me, and maybe you can improve with what has worked for me

Get to know the golf course. Find out where you can put your drive for an easy on the green second shot.Always take your shot with a plan for the next shot.  I have found that shooting from the rough is a lot easier than putting, so I will put my second shot in the rough, and come back to the pin. Many times I have been told that "you are very good at chipping" and that is because my second shot on the par 4s comes from the rough. For me, chipping is so much easier and more predictable than putting. Get to know your flop shot option. You will find that short sand shots are much easier using the flop. On long sand shots, add 10 to 12 yds to the yardage, and you  should be very close to the cup. The most important thing for me is when I do get into trouble, learn how to get out of trouble. Go to practice, and put yourself in very bad spots, and then work out of them. I have a tendency to go to far right on the meter, so if that is your problem, adjust the marker to offset that tendency. The last thing, and the most obvious. Keep practicing the meter until you can come close to the mark. I have probably played 200 or more games, practice, and countable rounds. Every time I play, I learn, and the most important thing is to remember what you have learned.

Hope you get some help from this

RSS