Forums

Help › Forums

Advice Please - Master Clubs

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 27 2010 1:33 AM (6 replies)
  • DrGig
    3 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 4:10 PM
    Hi all, really hate to put up another thread like this, but don't want to hijack anyone else's. I was trying to get thru with as few clubs as possible, but the time here is just so enjoyable, i've got to the point where i don't mind putting in some more into the game. i'm ready for some master level clubs i think, very concerned about the meter, but even more so about the lack of forgiveness. right now, with the starter irons i find myself not using the spin sometimes just because i'm so innacurate with the meter. would that make the taylors a better choice for me cos of the forgivness? ive heard the pings fly in high and soft which sounds great, but if i miss the ding by a slight amount each shot am i going to be spraying it everywhere? should i be considering the full set option, or no to mix and match? from what i've read, seems like the taylor is the driver, and the ping the 3 wood for stickability. love to hear everyones thoughts, let me know anytime if someone wants to run a friendly match. thanks, gig
  • TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 8:32 PM

I would definitely give each possible purchase a test drive first. I've been playing with Masters clubs for a few months now and the forgiveness seems fair to me, but you'll have to adjust which is why I recommend you try them out first. :)

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 10:40 PM

You made master in a month LOL. Good luck.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 11:05 PM

Like Clare said good luck. Checking your score history you played many many rounds at St.Andrews and as easy as it can be it gives you a lower average than maybe you deserve. I was doing that too but started playing more of a mix with more attention to BPB and Kiawah so my average would be closer to what it should be. 

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 1:37 AM

The Gi2 d or s balls will help..

Once you go master and want to upgrade, get clubs that all have the same meter speed. It will help with your consistancy...good luck, it will take you time to get used to the meter speeds.

• DrGig
    3 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 3:32 PM
    lighterdark: i would have tried the rental route much sooner if it weren't for the 1 day fee being over 15% of the purchase price. but i did crack down and rented an iron set. turns out the meter speed isn't that bad, adjusting to the yardages and not having mis-hits. borntobesting: true, i kept playing more and more st.andrews, it suited the clubs the best. but whats done is done now. thanks all for taking the time to reply. now im more confused than ever, rented the taylor irons, thought there would be more spin. do i need to play with spin balls to make it hop and stop? will the pings make a big difference in carry to total distance? if the ping irons are the way to go, would getting the full set be a good option, or would having the TM driver be a must? thanks, gig
  • SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 1:33 AM
    The consensus for many masters seems to be the master R9 driver and the Master G10 irons. Personally I have the entire G10 set and like them.
RSS