Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbagging is one thing......

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 24 2010 8:12 AM (3 replies)
  • mikeymike13
    40 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 11:30 AM

So how long is WGT going to allow these guys / girls to play ready go's? I have worked very hard to get to the level I am at now...not easy to say the least. Now to only get beat by someone that blows their average to stay pro. I know I may be beating a dead horse here and there are many post regarding the same problems...but CMON MAN !! (nfl - humor).

I am fine if they just want to play MPC games. I dont mind that because I have the option to play them or not. Always fun to whoop them one on one !

The unfair on RG games is the fact of the huge advantage from the pro tee's with heavy winds and many other factors to go with it.

What gets me even more is they have $200 plus earnings in 3 months...hmmm? Second account...MAYBE !?!? Also if you read their stats you would think they let their 3 year old play half their rank games.*point*..look at the putting stats...100+ other putts. Dead give away there.

Anyway...WGT please set up RG games a better way to stop this..thx in advance !

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 7:46 PM

Good observation mikeymike13,

Maybe WGT should consider an automatic level-up to master tier after so many rounds? Or limiting the RG's to master only? I'm sure it has been discussed b4 and there are probably lots of other threads on this subject, but I've never looked in to them or read them with any interest, as I don't do ready go's.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 8:05 PM

I think net credits earned would be a good criteria for automatic leveling up to Master.

One, it shows the player is good enough to win credits consistently in either MPC, RG's, or the weekly/monthly credit payout tournys.  Two, since it's not based on "career earnings", players who win the random prizes don't get bumped up due to the prize value.   And three, this basically kills sandbagging for credits.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 8:12 AM

marioh:

I think net credits earned would be a good criteria for automatic leveling up to Master.

One, it shows the player is good enough to win credits consistently in either MPC, RG's, or the weekly/monthly credit payout tournys.  Two, since it's not based on "career earnings", players who win the random prizes don't get bumped up due to the prize value.   And three, this basically kills sandbagging for credits.

Amen.  I have been harping on this very easy to implement aspect for awhile now.

Earnings need to be considered in some degree for tier progression AND for eligibility to play in free tourneys where credits can be won.

RSS