Forums

Help › Forums

Big Battle Adobe flash and Apple

Thu, Apr 29 2010 10:13 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 8:04 AM

It looks like it will be a while before you see WGT on any i phone or i pads.Ceo Steve

Jobs dismissed Flash as "a CPU hog," full of "security holes," and "old technology".

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-10456175-260.html?tag=mncol;txt

It seems there is more to the buggy meter then  clearing your cache after updates or resetting your game. Flash is the culprit. Game is good, not trying to spread gloom and doom. Just the facts here. If the CEO of a company like Apple says its not a good program that should carry a little weight I would think. It just a matter of time till new tech. (html5 or others take over. So it seems if you have some patience maybe meter issues will clear up. We will see where the chips fall.

fuzzygazz

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 8:40 AM

Flash sucks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.   It's a minor miracle that WGT got this game to run somewhat respectably on a platform like Flash.

I'm no fan of Apple or any of their overpriced products and drones who mindlessly buy anything they put out, but Jobs is right on Flash.

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 9:24 AM

marioh:

I'm no fan of Apple or any of their overpriced products and drones who mindlessly buy anything they put out, but Jobs is right on Flash.

Wow, thanks for that. Bitter much?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 10:14 AM

What is the alternative to Flash?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 10:23 AM

RChapman2010:

marioh:

Wow, thanks for that. Bitter much?

You call it bitter, I call it like I see it.

Cheers.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 11:01 AM

YJ,

See the 'Criticism' portion of this for some more info.

Java is an alternative, you can see an example here, albeit a cheezy one....

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 11:45 AM

marioh:
    I'm no fan of Apple or any of their overpriced products and drones who mindlessly buy anything they put out,

.... and that one sailed out of the park.

Homerun, marioh, could not agree with you more.

But then again, that's just my opinion.  Everyone is different and that's why they make chocolate AND vanilla.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 4:19 PM

YankeeJim:

What is the alternative to Flash?

T.W.O.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 8:46 AM

VanHalenLover:

Java is an alternative, you can see an example here, albeit a cheezy one....

Ewww Java... out of the frying pan and into the fire.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 11:40 AM

agreed SLASHX,

only thing I could come with off the top of my head, lol. Microsoft's Silverlight is another up and comer, to early to tell yet what kind of advantages and disadvantages it will hold, or how competitive they will be.....I wouldn't bet against them, though

• PAGES
RSS