Forums

Help › Forums

Being a Master...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 20 2010 8:06 AM (3 replies)
  • ShonFields
    25 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 6:19 AM

This Master Tier is not for me. I put so many good scores together on St. Andrews that all of the sudden I became a Master. My best score on Kiawah is 69, Bethpage 68. Yet, I am a Master Player due to one lights-out 27 on St. Andrews?

Now with the new tees it's just like playing the pro tees with the old junk driver again. All they want from you here is to make you upgrade clubs over and over to play from the same spot. Oh, and thanks WGT for the 200 credits. They'll really go a long way for that 270 yd. Master Driver that has the meter speed of the SR-71 Blackbird.

My WGT days my be done. And that pisses me off.

ShonFields

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 6:57 AM

Relax and take a deep breath ShonFields.  Same thing happened to me last year, one lights out tourney round and BAM! Master.  I'm still here and enjoying the game even more.

For a little more than 500 credits you can get the G10 Master Driver which will put you in the same area of the fairway as you are accustomed to. (800 credits for the G10 minus the 288 trade-in on your Rapture Pro V2 driver = 512credits)  Where else can you get so much enjoyment for 5 bucks?

The meter speed of the G10 is no where near the SR-71 and you'll get used to it fairly quickly since you already use the Z Satin TP Pro wedge and GI-D ball. The meter will be the same speed as the wedge.

Stick around man.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 7:13 AM

Stop and relax a little, if you are going to do something, be the best you can be, trade in  your old driver, and spend what? $4 or 5 bucks? how many hours do you play a week, its CHEAP entertainment! The master level just makes the game more interesting and challenging. The R9 driver with GI 2S balls is not a problem, its slower than most wedges.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 8:06 AM

Oh please.  You'll quit over that??

I have the same clubs as a Master that I did as a Pro... The only upgrades are my driver (TM R9 pro) and my putter...  the rest are still Tour Starters.

And I shoot basically the same scores, (maybe 1 or 2 over pro tees).  Still carrying around a 67 average.

Oh, and btw, I'm still using freebie balls.

If getting pushed back to the Master tees have affected your game that much that you think you need to quit, then perhaps you're right.

RSS