Forums

Help › Forums

WGF Tour 2012 - Visit W8 & W9 threads

Thu, Aug 9 2012 6:43 AM (737 replies)
  • Starsandros
    493 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 4:03 AM

Round 3 with FunkyJunkie and TONNOINCANNA marking, hope to be in time

I have been disconnected on the 17th two time in a row... thanks to all the guys that helped me, really appreciate.

29 should be the final result.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 4:20 AM

Tournament closed: no further scores can be accepted for R3 of The Memorial Tournament.

I'm out of the office currently so will do a full update at approximately 3-4pm today with the final result included.

This'll also be the earliest that I can do an update on W2 as well.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 9:59 AM

xxXxMarcxXxx is the winner of The Memorial Tournament!!!!

Well played to Marc and also to pb1711 (Wayne) who ran Marc very close in second. I've updated the leaderboard to the final copy and have amended the points totals accordingly. This has then been updated into the overall Tour Standings (underneath the top players is messy currently; I'll tidy this up later in the Tour).

WGF Tour Points Standing

The Memorial Tournament - Final Leaderboard

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 10:03 AM

Credit Prizes

Tournament Winner = xxXxMarcxxXx = 1350 credits

Runner up = pb1711 = 900 credits

Best finish by a non-legend = Mollythewitch (-9) = 250 credits (highest ranked player wins)

Best Round (R1-R3) = 250 credits per round (lowest ranked player wins)

R1 = Geordieles (26)

R2 = Woodoworkery (25)

R3 = Funkyjunkie3000 (27)

Most eagles = Geordieles (4) = 250 credits (lowest ranked player wins)

Most birdies on P3's = Zant & Woodoworkery (6) = 250 credits (lowest ranked player wins)

Hole in one/Double Eagle = 250 credits (to be carried over and pooled cumulatively for the next event if not won) = NOT WON - carried over

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 11:57 AM

First post updated...

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 6:16 AM

From post in the other WGF W2 thread:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyond this I'm going to make a call which some may disagree with but in all honesty, it'll make my running of the tour, possible for the next two weeks.

All players who've submitted scores for W2 (both rounds) will be accepted (irrespective of posting mistakes). All warnings given to players in W1 and W2 will be removed so everyone from this point forward will start with a clean slate.

All the rules will now be enforced strictly but everyone gets the chance to start afresh. Everyone's had plenty of opportunities to get used to the card / greenshot / different partner rules so the mistakes should now be minimized. I'm seeing the past two weeks as a trial run and now everything is live and valid.

Some may see this as unfair but put simply with the limited amount of time I have available and other people in the management team being away as well, it will become near impossible to look after for the next few weeks with the amount of warnings currently in place.

PM me if you have any questions on this matter as I don't want the thread to degenerate into a forum discussion about this decision. In all honesty, I don't want to have to do it but I simply have no choice given the availability I'm working around.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 6:20 AM

All current warnings removed from Tour Standings document; warnings will still show on Results master but are historical and not valid.

Any future warnings will be relevant so please ensure that all posts here forward are accurate.

• OahuKahuna
    93 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 8:01 PM

Round 1 with aabolek1 marking me sorry for the wait...also making sure my partner saved the screenshot I forgot with a 2.5 putt but saved quickly after...again sorry..:(

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 10:12 AM

FJ3000 will post W3 (The Masters) on Saturday....please jump on his back if it's not up in time :)

Cue much anger from FJ.............

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 12:06 PM

Back from my weekend away. Well done to the bulk of players for getting W2 finished off. It looks like we could be heading for a two man playoff unless someone can snatch the win in the final 16 hours of play.

W3 has started off rather slowly; let's see some more activity happening as I want to now get into a standard start and finish time for each stage of the tour.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaderboards

You'll notice that W2 looks slightly off in terms of colours and scores over par not having a '+' symbol. Yoda's done a great job over the weekend updating the main leaderboard to try to automate everything as much as possible. This now allows the scorers to put nearly everything directly into the leaderboard and use an auto-sort to get everything in place without having to manually move data.

The only issue we're having is that the background colours won't stick in place. We're working on this but the speeding up of this process will make our job 10x easier so we're going to proceed forward using this new setup.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warnings

I still need to go through all the forums to see where things are up to. There are a few warnings to give out but it doesn't appear as though there are any score penalties. Updates will be posted in the relevant week forum once I've caught up on everything.

Cheers

James

RSS