Forums

Help › Forums

When Oakmont comes out, are we play it regularly, or we would only be able to play it if we play the US Virtual Open?

Thu, Apr 15 2010 11:03 PM (1 replies)
  • tcmae
    32 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 10:09 PM
    Last year when you guys released Bethpage Black for the US Virtual Open, we were only able to play it through playing the US Virtual Open, that means that we had to tee off from all the way in the black tees. We weren't able to play it for a practice or ranked round, and tee off from the blues, whites, or the reds until after the US Virtual Open. I was wondering if you guys would do that with Oakmont also when you guys release it for the US Virtual Open. That we are only going to be able to play Oakmont if we play the US Virtual Open, and we have to tee off from all the way in the black championship tees. Or we can play Oakmont for a practice and/or ranked round, and tee off from the blue, white, red tees when you guys release Oakmont during the US Virtual Open. Or we have to wait until after the US Virtual open if we want to play Oakmont for a practice and/or ranked round, and tee off from the blue, white, red tees.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 11:03 PM

Excellent questions, tcmae!   I hope WGT will let us know. I asked the same questions here. (Please also note that players from most countries of the world last year could not even access the full Bethpage as part of the Virtual US Open, but we had to wait until the real-world tournament was finished.)

RSS