Forums

Help › Forums

Back to basics tourney

Mon, Apr 19 2010 5:56 AM (9 replies)
  • crazyhorse75
    40 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 1:38 PM

may i suggest or put forward an idea on the possibility of introducing ' A Back To Basics ' ( A-B-T-B ) competition. starter WGT clubs and balls to test skill and ability on an equal level for all tiers to enter. just an idea to debate. another game play idea is a 3 club, 9 or 18 round. this is where you have to use your chosen putter and then select 2 other clubs from your bag, ie, a driver and a 7 iron perhaps. i have to admit the scope is endless, putting competitions or a favourite of mine, the distance challenge. this is where you only play a tee shot, 9 or 18 holes later all tee shots that have landed on the fairway are added up to give you a total drive distance. this distance is then recorded as your score for others to beat. maybe a game to be played by members who have not got time to complete a whole or half round. like i said, just ideas.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:15 PM

We share similar thoughts on your ABTB idea and have been looking into the possibility of doing that.  That 3-club mode is an interesting idea as well, but that may require a little bit of reworking of the way your inventory is handled.  I'll pass it along for consideration though.

Thanks for the suggestion. =)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 3:58 PM

3 club tourney!!

(not driver, though... can't hit off the fairway with a driver here, bleh)

3W - 7I - Puttputt!

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:58 PM

Great ideas! I think it would be pretty interesting to see how the elite masters shoot with basic clubs. Lets make it happen!

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 8:59 PM

I love this idea too. just not right now, lol. Let me get my new clubs under control first, then I'll warm up to it!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 3:59 AM

If you boys want to see how some of the best would do with start clubs .. check out this thread.  Coolswing ran a Starter Club Only tournament in September.   Lots of pages to sift through but ... look who won the Master Tier ... a name you will all recognize.   AvatarLee.   Suffice it to say ... i think the "elite" will kick my butt (most of yours too)  :)

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/3944.aspx?PageIndex=1

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 8:24 AM

Not when we make him tee off with his putter and putt with his driver!!

We can take him!!!!

(lol)

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 9:10 AM

Snaike:

Not when we make him tee off with his putter and putt with his driver!!

We can take him!!!!

(lol)

I wouldn't be too sure of that snaike.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 5:25 AM

Listen to Sal, Snaike.... I sometimes play St. A with ONLY a driver.... just for grins.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 5:56 AM

Hey what's that I smell ...

RSS