Forums

Help › Forums

NEW TOURNAMENTS!

Sat, Jul 3 2010 7:06 AM (26 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 6:50 PM

haji97071,

If you search the forums for this issue, there are dozens and dozens of threads that have addressed these issues. You will also find that the majority of players who researched and were open to it NOT being all WGT's fault were able to crrect the majority of their issues.

No one is saying that there isn't room for improvement on WGT's end, including WGT - but to not take any responsibility for your own end is very irresponsible. If this were all WGT issues, every single player would have the exact same issues, and that simply isn't happening. 

Lots of good information available when you are ready to clear it up. Feel free to ask those who have seen both sides, and you'll get it worked out.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 7:28 PM

haji97071:
    it must be your equipment

I have a mid to low end computer with 10 Mbps Internet pipeline connection and my meter hasn't stuttered, lagged, or done anything out of the ordinary for three days straight now. I'm using game booster and clearing my flash and browser caches before coming to the site. I also have some start-up processes stopped as well. These things must be the difference for me.

I even have the game settings set to "Best" with camera pans, and reflections on too.

Like VH said, WGT doesn't deny some problems on their end, but you can't deny there is things you can do on your end to improve game play as well.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 8:28 AM

haji97071:
    come on WGT, get your act together and provide us with a stable meter, it's not my computer, my connection, my cleaning extraneous information.  the common denominator is WGT!!!!!

Sorry, Haji.. you're wrong.

If it were only WGT, as you have suggested, then EVERYONE would have issues.

They don't.  Sorry.

There are too many variables to lay the blame on one specific piece of the puzzle.  As said above, even WGT acknowledges and takes responsibility for part of it, (they are working with Flash for a more stable platform)...  but, I'm guessing about 80% of the meter issues can be directly linked to the USER and not the SOURCE.  Be it the computer, the browser, the flash version, the connection, etc etc etc... things that are beyond WGT's control.

So, here is the bottom line.  If you having issues, 4 times out of 5 it's you, not WGT.

So screaming at them won't help.

• becksfan2185
    7 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 9:26 AM

IMO, the bigger issue than the meter everyone seems to complain about is getting lucky with the wind direction...

If you can get fortunate (or play enough times) to avoid unfavorable wind directions on tough holes like 3 and 9, you can put together a respectable round.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 10:26 AM

raidermatt1:

AlaCowboy:

May the ones with the least studdering ridiculous lag metre win. Because thats all it will take. Others need not apply.

It is ridiculous to have any kind of a fair tournament when the game has such a krappy way to shot the ball. 1 meter lag and screw the match and tournament.

Why bother...

You can leave anytime you want, maybe I will even hold the door for you on the way out.

Not my post!

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 10:38 AM

haji97071:

nice answer ala, played a match with three others today on st. andrews, my computer and one other were 1-2 years old, the other two had new, high end, computers less than 6 months old and every one of us were having a terrible time with the meter stutter.

if you don't want to provide constructive information, don't answer.

tired of this kind of crap.

every time meter stutter is brought up, there are those who advise, like ala, who suggest they quit, others rag on your equipment, stating "it must be your equipment because WGT says that it's not their fault.

come on WGT, get your act together and provide us with a stable meter, it's not my computer, my connection, my cleaning extraneous information.  the common denominator is WGT!!!!!

I provide constructive criticism when legitimate requests for help are posted. When crying, whining, profanity, and other tripe are posted, then I post my opinion. You are not required to read my posts. I never suggested he/she (whichever it claims to be today) quit. Read the original post. "It" threatened to quit. I merely reminded "it" that "it" was not being forced to play. 

I occasionally have meter problems, but I get so much enjoyment out of the game that they don't bother me that much.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 8:42 AM

Everybody has a right to vent their frustrations when they are having a decent round and the meter acts up. Who else are they going to complain to, the spouse or friends that are not aware of what they are talking about. There are too many folks here that jump down someones throat because they vent the frustration of becoming a decent player here. Good rounds are hard to come by with the variations in wind and green speeds just to mention a few. If you don't have anything constructive to say don't post. Just my 2 cents.

• youareintrouble
    103 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 3:23 PM

agreed.....not one player has no problem any given swing

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 3:53 PM

I made a complaint or two but today the meter is pretty smooth , but I'm making sure I stay on the wgtgt server.

It's not always bad but that last spell had me worried.Who Knows?...Maybe they fixed it..ha,ha,ha.

I didn't change anything on my computer either.

• cappy123
    39 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 4:43 PM

bull snaike, it is the server and the fact that when using the swing meter i see it jump when friends come or go offline this game has a system installed to not let 2 rounds in a row play well have you ever shot to great rounds right after eachother NOT ME its unbelievable how quick the game changes one round after the last a matter of minutes

and how come there is no info on how your rounds get scored i have shot perfect fairways and greens and seen a .1 or no change but if i do 88 to 50 % they go down .2 / .5 i can shoot -4 go upin average maybe .1 to .6 but if i shoot par to -3 either no change or a big hit to my average .5 to 1.2

RSS