Help › Forums

i15 Master Driver

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 10 2010 1:51 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 10:15 AM

Just for kicks, I rented the i15 Master driver to compare it with my G10 & R9. I am confused as to it's point in introduction. The only difference I could find was it is harder to hit than the other two but offers nothing above the other two when dinged.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 10:52 AM

Thanks for the update SP...I was going to do the same thing...how was the precision?

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 11:09 AM
    In my opinion the I15 is completely better than the two other drivers. The only thing why I haven't bought it yet is the cost. I rented it and found out: Driving Ave.: 275+ Forgiviness: Great. When you miss the line it will get less of target than the 2 others especially on big misses. Precision: will go where you aimed when dingin (and it looks just great in my opinion;D) the only thing I hate about it is the cost. If the cost would be reduced to less than 1000 credits I would straight buy it but with the price it has at the moment I'll wait until I don't have to care for those 1.3 k credits removed from my account regards
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 11:28 AM

Coola, that would mean your driver, irons, and wedges are all different speeds.  That would mess me up for sure.

I will most likely wait to purchase the i15 irons, and maybe the woods, until they hopefully release a GI2-SD ball which should bring down the meter to the comfortable speed I use now.  Unfortunately this will bring my average cost of playing this game up 20%-50%.

How about WGT releasing a set of muscle back blades with slightly greater distance and full precision instead of these ever so subtle changes as SP alluded to?  They can be WGT forgings for all I care as I don't need a company logo on my club.  

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 11:41 AM
    for me it's better. I look at it in this way. I have a faster Driver. Because of that my other clubs SEEM to be slower and easier to hit. And it works. With the i15 Driver in my bag I wasn't able to miss the line on my approaches and putts anymore
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 11:42 AM

BOFFMEN:

Thanks for the update SP...I was going to do the same thing...how was the precision?

Of course the rare times of ding hits, it is as accurate as the G10, but the even faster meter caused quite a few fanned hits. It's a fine driver but as I said I'm unclear regarding the advantage of using it  in preferance to the G10 or R9.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 11:57 AM

I was wondering about this topic. I bought my R9 Master Driver the night before this update, but think I will stick with it. I don't understand why more precision is so much more money :\

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 12:40 PM

rehill:

I was wondering about this topic. I bought my R9 Master Driver the night before this update, but think I will stick with it. I don't understand why more precision is so much more money :\

I tried it again at Andy's in the unlimited, and ave. 295yrds with a punch driver at #1 but missed a couple of fairways by a foot or two and again found nothing that stokes my pocketbook enough to open it. Not going to happen.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts

rehill:

I tried it again at Andy's in the unlimited, and ave. 295yrds with a punch driver at #1 but missed a couple of fairways by a foot or two and again found nothing that stokes my pocketbook enough to open it. Not going to happen.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts

rehill:

• PAGES
RSS