Forums

Help › Forums

Respond emails from WGT

Fri, Apr 9 2010 1:35 PM (8 replies)
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 8:20 AM

If I can receive emails, when notes are posted on my player account, why cant my hotmail seem to accept emails from WGTadmin???

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 8:25 AM

Because every email has a different structure, data in its headings, etc. When a spam filter does not work reliably, it kills some legitimate emails, and lets others pass.

(Again, my recommendation is to switch from Hotmail to Gmail because it's easier, in Gmail, to retrieve email mistakenly labelled as spam, and the mis-labelling does not seem to occur as frequently in Gmail as it does elsewhere.)

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 8:45 AM

I guess I was hesitant to switch b/ google does not have the name I want, but I could use it for WGT purposes.

Thanx

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:03 AM

Wow that took a whopping 30 seconds to create. 

Faterson,

How do I change my WGT email address to my new Gmail account???

Thanks

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:08 AM

Go to your Account page, then next to CONTACT INFO, click on Change. Enter the new email address and click the Update button.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:55 AM

Faterson:
    Go to your Account page, then next to CONTACT INFO, click on Change. Enter the new email address and click the Update button.
    ....and then immediately write to members@worldgolftour.com and tell them who you are and what your issue is.

I have to say that everytime I have had a chance to correspond with WGT via email (and yes, I'm using Gmail) I have had a response between 10 minutes and 3 hours maximum.

Good luck.

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 11:07 AM

Thanks guys  :)

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 12:15 PM

Finally, an email......LOL

Hi Adem,

I've passed all of this information along to our developers and will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.  Until then, can you please confirm that you have received this email by replying to us?

Thanks,
    WGT Member Services

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 1:35 PM

TurkishTerror:
    Finally, an email......LOL

Pretty much narrows it down, huh?  It seems Hotmail was the issue.

Now, if you could only figure out what is causing your disconx so quickly.

Peace.

RSS