Forums

Help › Forums

Ball longevity question

Fri, Apr 9 2010 5:47 PM (3 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 8:57 PM

Is it just me, or as the GI-SD's get to the end of their life span, do the distances get fairly shakey off the tee, especially when trying full top or bottom spin?

If I am not imagining this, and it is a real effect, is there a way to swap them out when this behavior starts, before the life of the ball is done? Can I trash it in-game and grab a new one?

I'd rather not incur a stroke by utilizing the water or deep fescue to lose it, lol.

And I also want to know if I am losing my mind, or if others have seen this behavior!

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 12:32 PM

Hi Van,

There is no "wear and tear effect" on the balls, it's kinda like a digital signal, all or nothing.  Balls will play the same regardless of a full meter or 1 remaining hit. =)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 1:11 PM

Thanks Niv,

I had a couple I should have used the 'report bug' feature on. Now that I know, I'll submit something next time. I think I would have been happier to hear that the balls lose efficiency towards the end of their life, lol.

Thanks again for the feedback,

VHL

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 5:47 PM

VanHalenLover:

Is it just me, or as the GI-SD's get to the end of their life span, do the distances get fairly shakey off the tee, especially when trying full top or bottom spin?

If I am not imagining this, and it is a real effect, is there a way to swap them out when this behavior starts, before the life of the ball is done? Can I trash it in-game and grab a new one?

I'd rather not incur a stroke by utilizing the water or deep fescue to lose it, lol.

And I also want to know if I am losing my mind, or if others have seen this behavior!

If you want durability buy cheap balls. lol.

Don't worry about your ego.

Just do it!

RSS