Forums

Help › Forums

Maintenance or update?

Fri, Apr 9 2010 5:40 AM (20 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 5:23 PM

Don't get your hopes up ... remember the Roadmap which WGT published.  St Andrews back 9 is not in the Coming Soon category (see below).    Probably some minor features and maintenance.    My guess is the next major stroke play course update will be Oakmont for the US Womens Open, and the back 9 of St Andrews and the Back Tees will be saved for the British Open later this summer.

Just my guess.

On a happier note ... unlike TWO, now out of Beta, I would bet heavily there will be no mandatory fees to play WGT :)

-----------------------

Coming Soon (30-60 days)

• Match play improvements
    • New awards
    • New clubs & avatars
    • Ability to create and join groups

• jTravis
    6 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 5:30 PM

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

Just click!

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 5:31 PM

Umm wasn't the Back Nine on the Roadmap List Faterson? I say just more clubs which we don't need what we need are more courses and tournaments lol

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 5:57 PM

YankeeJim:

WhoooooHooooo-Get ready to clear your Flash caches boys and girls!!!

Where's Faterson?-maybe it's time to bet the balls.  :-D

LMAO! Good one Jim.

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:09 PM

Faterson:

Yes, absolutely. I'm ready to bet $1.24 in credits (via PayPal) for GI-SD balls that we shall be presented with the Back 9 of St. Andrews in about 10 hours from now.

Any takers?  

PS: I had already posted a celebratory post to the Ladders forum to welcome the arrival of the full St. Andrews course.

I do Fat Faterson.. lol I will take the bet... Make it 2.50 dollars!!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:22 PM

JeffCinNC:
    Can anybody give me a quick lesson on how to clear the cache after the update?

You need to clear two separate caches after each product update, Jeff, not only one cache. See instructions.

lvietri:
    Probably some minor features and maintenance.

That would be brutal, after such a loooooooong wait.

Still no one out there willing to bet their balls? (To use Jim's turn of phrase.)

I feel extraterrestrial tonight.    Got back from a presentation by Erich von Däniken, got him to sign an autograph into my cellphone. Also noticed the Olympic tennis champion of 1988 Mečíř in the audience, and got him to sign an autograph, too. "I play tennis every morning for 45 minutes," I told him mendaciously.

Edit: Ah, OK, now I can see ThunderBoltz taking the bet. That's great, but since I'd really hate to ruin your budget, let's keep it at $1.24.  

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:25 PM

Faterson:

Yes, absolutely. I'm ready to bet $1.24 in credits (via PayPal) for GI-SD balls that we shall be presented with the Back 9 of St. Andrews in about 10 hours from now.

Any takers?  

PS: I had already posted a celebratory post to the Ladders forum to welcome the arrival of the full St. Andrews course.

I take that bet Faterson no worries we may get a course but it wont be a back9 at andys

thx CSC

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:42 PM

Faterson:

JeffCinNC:
    Can anybody give me a quick lesson on how to clear the cache after the update?

You need to clear two separate caches after each product update, Jeff, not only one cache. See instructions.

lvietri:
    Probably some minor features and maintenance.

That would be brutal, after such a loooooooong wait.

Still no one out there willing to bet their balls? (To use Jim's turn of phrase.)

I feel extraterrestrial tonight.    Got back from a presentation by Erich von Däniken, got him to sign an autograph into my cellphone. Also noticed the Olympic tennis champion of 1988 Mečíř in the audience, and got him to sign an autograph, too. "I play tennis every morning for 45 minutes," I told him mendaciously.

Edit: Ah, OK, now I can see ThunderBoltz taking the bet. That's great, but since I'd really hate to ruin your budget, let's keep it at $1.24.  

Yes, I would love to take your MONEY right now b/c I am feeling confident that tonight's not the night!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 8:14 PM

I like the direction of Mr. Faterson. I am in the kitchen tonight working on some crow soup that will be enjoyed by all or either he & I.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 8:24 PM

Ivietri is going to pimp everyone on this one.

RSS