Forums

Help › Forums

New Master Irons w/next update?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 11 2010 10:06 AM (2 replies)
  • cyl6
    347 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 9:13 AM

Hi everyone - a good friend on mine  who plays on here a lot at the Master level is currently using a pro TM set (and still scoring remarkably well). He would definitely like to upgrade to the Ping G10's, but I've advised him to wait in light of a potential product update that may provide better irons. That was a couple of weeks ago, and we haven't seen anything since.

Just looking for a consensus - should he just bite the bullet on the Ping G10's? Or do people think that there will be an iron set better than that released in the next month?

Thanks,

C

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 9:26 AM

IMO I don't think better master clubs will show up until harder conditions do, like championship tees, lie factoring, etc. I also think that when they do show up there will be another tier level and these new clubs might only be available to that level.

Can you imagine what ALee, BB and their ilk would do with clubs better than what's out there now without changing the difficulty?  Unless you intend to be in that super group at the top I say buy the master irons now and enjoy them right away. 

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 10:06 AM

Unless you heard it straight from WGT, I wouldn't believe anything.

RSS