Forums

Help › Forums

Thankfully...The Masters has started...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 9 2010 8:46 AM (24 replies)
  • BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 12:29 PM

Who do you think will be the final pairing on Sunday?

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 12:59 PM

Don't know about the golfers but I'll be paired up with about 4 BBQ, 3 egg salad sandwiches and maybe 15-20 beers from the best concession stands in the whole wide world at Augusta!

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 12:59 PM

Well, if the network drama queens get their way, it will be Tiger and Ernie since they dislike each other and Ernie seems to be resurrected.  Unfortunately I think Ernie would crumble like coffee cake if put in this scenario.

I can only hope that the shaggy-haired slayer from Northern Ireland will put on the green jacket sooner rather than later if last year's sentimental favorite, Kenny Perry, or one of my personal favorites, Tim Clark, doesn't beat him to the punch.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 1:22 PM

OaktheToke:
    Unfortunately I think Ernie would crumble like coffee cake if put in this scenario.

Not very damn likely.

The point is moot, however, as Eldrick will not be in the final pairing as I see it.

Els, Mickleson, Kim, and Stricker...  some combination of those 4, imho.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 1:42 PM

I drew Els in the WGT Masters so he better do something. I may have to shoot a pair of 30's to cover his butt! :) Eldrick, I don't think he has a chance since he's been off so long, but you never know till it's over.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 6:17 PM

claremoreblue:
    I drew Els in the WGT Masters
    Luuuuuuke.... Use the force....   make up for my 64.......

• callawayjay
    46 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 7:11 PM

I was shocked to hear Kenny Perry say that he was having health problems and that his game was so sour at the moment.  Any futures bettors probably swore like sailors after hearing that and tore up their tickets.

I love this years Masters.  It's so wide open finally because IMO Tiger is nowhere near tournament ready to contend.  The comments from the Masters Chairman on the eve of his first round surely will sting and resonate with him.  That is the first real public criticism from a respected golf authority he has received (my apologies to Dan Jenkins, not so much an authority, I thought his essay on the Tiger was the most exact).  Finchem did nothing more than kiss his ass, and that is why the Masters is the best.  Payne does not care.  The Members do not care.  It is their world and Tiger and the rest of the players only get to live in it for a week.

• callawayjay
    46 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 7:32 PM

claremoreblue:
    I drew Els in the WGT Masters
    Luuuuuuke.... Use the force....   make up for my 64.......

BTW, Avatar Lee, I noticed that you eluded to a round of 64, yet your score history shows a 61 on the 9 hole unlimited play.  What happened??????

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 7:52 PM

I don't know how anyone could count Tiger out.  Problems aside #1 golfer, maybe of all time.   

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 8:31 PM

callawayjay:
    BTW, Avatar Lee, I noticed that you eluded to a round of 64, yet your score history shows a 61 on the 9 hole unlimited play.  What happened??????
    I was just messing around... trying out some different stuff with no intention of posting, but I wasn't paying attention to the shot limit on #9 and.......  ooops!  hehe... oh well

RSS