TWO...release

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 8 2010 1:57 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • NormH3
    214 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 8:34 AM

rehill:

Ehh, I like how WGT does things. Free, with an option to upgrade clubs for a more pleasurable experience. From the small amount I have heard about TWO, I think we're all at the right place =)

I agree, but lets face it, WGT is still in Beta. There is always the possibility that WGT will go a similar direction once most of the important bugs have been ironed out. I would be surprised if they don't. That is not necessarily a bad thing though. Making a profit can only pave the way for a better virtual golf environment.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 9:35 AM

NormH3:
    There is always the possibility that WGT will go a similar direction once most of the important bugs have been ironed out. I would be surprised if they don't.

Every WGT employee that has posted on this subject has, at one time or another, stated the company policy of "FREE" and that this policy will continue when they have taken the 'beta' tag off.

Hi wheels and welcome to WGT! =)

You have the option to purchase credits to upgrade your equipment if you wish, but you'll never be required to pay a fee just to play the game.

Hi buckeyes, WGT will continue to be free to play, except for some tournaments that you would have to pay to enter.
    Has anyone else played Kiawah on the Wii, Xbox or PS3?  Let us know how you think it compares with playing on WGT (besides the obvious fact that WGT is free and a disc for those consoles costs nearly $60!)
    Ketner - WGT credits are meant to be purchased to upgrade your playing experience and not meant as a monetary medium for you to cash out.  The majority of the game experience is free and there are free ways to earn credits, which we will be improving in the future.
    I, for one, am not concerned about WGT changing this policy.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 11:02 AM

This seems to be the way EA is going with their games (nickel and diming people to death).

I wonder if their next version of the popular Madden NFL game will come with 2 offensive and 2 defensive plays, and if you want more, you'll have to go and buy them.   Or maybe they'll keep all the plays free, but the game will only come with 2 teams, the Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns, and if you want to play with real teams, you'll have to download and pay for them.

• bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 11:34 AM

Has anyone here ever played on TWO? It's a joke! Lame graphics, RUDE players, and now they want to charge a membership fee! For my 2 cents worth, don't waste your time or money. Take advantage of this site and enjoy some good golf. Thanks for your time.

• mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 11:48 AM

How can u  compare TWO with WGT?? simple : U CANT  !!!  crappy graphics,  mickey mouse cartoons as every one else calls em !!lol   I have no problem spendin my money here !!    love the graphics love the way the game is played love WTG!!! KEEP IT UP WGT!!

• Shadowhawk1967
    31 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 12:40 PM

bucknut68:

Has anyone here ever played on TWO? It's a joke! Lame graphics, RUDE players, and now they want to charge a membership fee! For my 2 cents worth, don't waste your time or money. Take advantage of this site and enjoy some good golf. Thanks for your time.

I must admit after my first few rounds here and finding putting SO frustrating, I went over and played TWO for a few days.  Before long I was making -11 on 18 holes and even managing to birdie all 4 par 3's on one course in the same round.  Cartoon like graphics were not my thing and the fact it is way to easy (even for me) I decided to quit playing there.

I bit the bullet and hit up my credit card for a set of clubs plus a putter.  And I am glad that I did.  Even though WGT is much harder, it is so satisfying to hit a straight drive, a decent approach and then to sink that putt for birdie.

This is by far the hardest golfing game that I have played on the computer in around 20 years when I had my first taste of it (remember Leaderboard by US Gold?), but the most rewarding.

Thanks WGT :)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 1:25 PM

marioh:
    Or maybe they'll keep all the plays free, but the game will only come with 2 teams, the Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns, and if you want to play with real teams, you'll have to download and pay for them.

Except the Raiders... they will actually pay YOU to play the Raiders...  God knows the actual NFL players don't want to be there!  LOL

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 1:57 PM

Snaike:

marioh:
    Or maybe they'll keep all the plays free, but the game will only come with 2 teams, the Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns, and if you want to play with real teams, you'll have to download and pay for them.

Except the Raiders... they will actually pay YOU to play the Raiders...  God knows the actual NFL players don't want to be there!  LOL

lol, i was contemplating putting the Raiders in there instead of the lowly Browns, but I figured the Raiders are still a fairly popular team (in terms of fans).

• PAGES
RSS