Help › Forums

Has this ever happened to you?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:33 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Rowdee
    17 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 9:59 AM

Your on a roll and down to the last hole. All you need is par to save a nice -3 round. You step up to putt a 10 footer and let fly. You watch as your ball looks like you hit it with your driver and realize that you meter was giving you yards instead of feet and by the time you get back up to the hole your -3 evaporates!!! Sometimes!!!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:07 AM

Just once, and it never happened again.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:15 AM

Doublemochaman:
    Just once

Made me think of Johnny Dangerously.  Joe Piscopo as his best.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:44 AM

The first thing I look at as soon as the screen loads for a putt is the putter distance.

I learned that lesson a long time ago.   And more than once, lol.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:49 AM

marioh:
    The first thing I look at as soon as the screen loads for a putt is the putter distance.

I learned that lesson a long time ago.   And more than once, lol.

Ditto.  Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.  Unfortunately it took a few times. :(

Although it sure would be nice if they fixed the SA glitch that gives you yards on the fringe instead of feet.  Sometimes its tough to gauge the distance with precision.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 8:34 PM

OaktheToke:
    Although it sure would be nice if they fixed the SA glitch that gives you yards on the fringe instead of feet.  Sometimes its tough to gauge the distance with precision

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:39 PM

salamii:

OaktheToke:
    Although it sure would be nice if they fixed the SA glitch that gives you yards on the fringe instead of feet.  Sometimes its tough to gauge the distance with precision

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 3:30 AM

salamii:

OaktheToke:

chipshot, you have nothing better to do. You replied to a post with an obvious editing error.  LOL. I certainly hope you enjoyed your moment of wit..

• WellingtonD
    1 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 9:50 AM

hi marioh

if your in the middle of the game and your ahead then it got frozen

and the game was not finished coz of this what will you do?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:28 PM

OaktheToke:
    Although it sure would be nice if they fixed the SA glitch that gives you yards on the fringe instead of feet.  Sometimes its tough to gauge the distance with precision.

I fell victim to the SA putting values on hole seven my first round. By the second or third round there, I found the answer.

Multiply the putting strength value by 3 and your instantly converted to feet.

50 yards = 150 feet

20 yards = 60 feet

and so on. I've been fortunate to make par or better several times using the above conversion table.

I hope this is helpful for the new members.

• PAGES
RSS