Forums

Help › Forums

Medical Question

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:26 AM (5 replies)
  • oldmanhacker
    47 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 6:50 AM

Has anyone gotten golf finger yet? I'm not talkin' index, it's the other one. I believe the correct medical term is MIDDLEFINGERITIS. How about a red spot on the forehead? I believe that ones called the SHOULDOFHADAV8INSTEADOFA62FTPUTT syndrome.How about REPETITIVEWORD DISEASE? An example such as,"NO!, NO!, NO!" or in my case the rarely used "YES!,YES!,YES!". Sometimes four letter words are used, but are not considered part of the disease, just human nature. If you have any of these like I do, don't bother going to a doctor. Ask someone close to you and  they will tell you exactly what's wrong with you. BOY, WILL THEY TELL YOU !!!!!!  On a serious note, thank you WGT for a great game and to all members of WGT, enjoy playing the game with you ( even though I'm not much competition) and reading your posts.  Hope this brings a smile to you today and have a great day!!!                         

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 8:09 AM

oldmanhacker:

Has anyone gotten golf finger yet?...

...    How about REPETITIVEWORD DISEASE?...               

My sympathies, oldmanhacker. Believe me... I understand.

I'm not very good with the keyboard, but certain cryptic WGT keystrokes are indelibly imprinted and almost unconsciously released during my multiplay rounds...

My fingers instinctively hit the "gl" keys, even before my first drive... "nb", "ns", & "nd", are struck frequently... but sadly... "ty", "thx", "tyvm" & "wheeee", aren't keyed nearly enough.

And as you said, reactions vary to this affliction that's shared by many here at WGT. Some voice their opinions, some don't, and some just don't understand our need to "voice" ourselves.

Case in point...

A while back, after a particularly funny statement made by a random playing partner, I was inclined to type "lol", but it didn't come out on-screen until the next hole, after he drove his ball into the lake at 17Kiawah...

He asked, "What's 'lol' mean?"

I responded, "It means 'laugh out loud'." ...

... after which he immediately disconnected. :/

He didn't even stay long enuff to see my most-often-used key combination...

... "oops!" 

gg... thx for playing ;^)

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 8:33 AM

Welcome Oldman!  Entertaining first post!  Have fun!

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:28 AM

wait until you tell your eye doctor that you need stronger reading glasses to read those difficult putts.

• oldmanhacker
    47 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:42 AM
    Yeah, I forgot about that one,NormH3. But since I already wear glasses, I guess I'll keep "PUTTIN" till I go blind.
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:26 AM

oldmanhacker:
    Yeah, I forgot about that one,NormH3. But since I already wear glasses, I guess I'll keep "PUTTIN" till I go blind.

Don't blame WGT for going blind. 8)

RSS