Forums

Help › Forums

No March Product Update So Far!

Sat, Apr 3 2010 6:42 AM (27 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 4:27 AM

Infinito3010:
    Month end is next Wednesday, perfect timing for April's tournaments and product improvements and enhancements.

I'm afraid if they gave us a product update in the night from Wednesday to Thursday, they would then interpret it as both a March and an April update, and the next one would come in mid-May or so. 

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 4:49 AM

Unless the update is a big one.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 5:13 AM

Well, it does seem a bit strange to hear all the Oakmont talk, screenshots and helicopter video, while the Back 9 of St. Andrews seems to be put on the back burner. Same goes for new pin locations at Kiawah. Plus, are the 2 pin locations per Bethpage hole really all that impressive? At least 3 pin locations per hole on all courses would be nice.

If any of the above is given to us in the March/early April product update, then the long wait will have been tolerable. Otherwise, not so.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 5:28 AM

I for one look forward to the list of enhancements and improvements they will have made in the next product release.   I consider the possibilities that the improvements made and bug fixes implemented, although simple on the surface, may have been alot more difficult  to implement.

Just my thoughts.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 6:36 AM

I have no interest in further updates or site enhancements UNTIL the nuts and the bolts - specifically loading issues and game functionality is fixed PERIOD.  (I went into this in detail in the "Game Loading Problems" thread earlier this week for those of you interested.)

WGT is losing my interest fast - a point I wished I had not reached.  I WANT IT to work and I WANT to support WGT - but I am simply finding that I cannot until it works better.

Just My Thoughts. - AtlantaCoaster

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 6:11 PM

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to clarify a few things...

There is no scheduled monthly release cycle.  For a while it may have seemed that way, but there isn't a predetermined schedule.  The next update is supposed to release 30-60 days from the date of the last update.  Why the 30 day window?  That lets us be sure that nothing is getting rushed out without being ready because of a pre-planned "schedule".  We feel folks would be much more upset if we forced a very buggy update out just because it's been "30 days."  We will release updates only when we feel they are ready for the big league (you guys) and in certain instances when any contractual obligations (if there are any) have been met.  We'll also hold back any features that aren't making the grade.  30-60 days is the general idea so you guys at least have a reference point, but it's never set in stone and should only be considered tentative at best.

Update "speed" is a relative thing.  We could pump out 12 monthly updates with little to no new offerings between them that are full of bugs that compound each other.  We could also do 9 or 10 updates, each offering a larger quantity of new goodies, more old bug fixes and less new bugs.  Given the choice, I'd think the latter is best for everyone in the long run.

I can appreciate the want to take a stab at what's out there and what's down the pipe.  However, please keep in mind that guessing randomly at what's next may be actually be doing a disservice to fellow players who might see your post and assume what you said is true, thus creating a false expectation.  Feel free to speculate away, it's fun, but please try to keep it within reason.

Enjoy the Weekend! =)

• raidermatt1
    96 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 6:48 PM

So no product update huh, o well, is it possible niv that there could be one in early april instead of always being at the end of the month?

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:48 PM

raidermatt1:

So no product update huh, o well, is it possible niv that there could be one in early april instead of always being at the end of the month?

Did you not read what Niv said there is 30-60 days but no set in stone date it could be May or June who knows we just need to be patient

CSC

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 7:11 AM

WGTniv:
    There is no scheduled monthly release cycle.

OK, but can't WGT at least tell us if there will be a March product update or not? I've been holding off buying new clubs or club sets for over a week now, because I felt the March product update was just around the corner. WGT could have had dozens of $ from me at this point, if they at least had made it clear if there will be a March product update or not. We won't be damning WGT to hell just in case there is no product update in March, but if they at least let us know (it's day 28 now!), it would be nice, so that I can feel comfortable going to the ProShop right now and spending some money on upgrading the equipment.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:29 AM

WGTniv:
    There is no scheduled monthly release cycle.  For a while it may have seemed that way, but there isn't a predetermined schedule.  The next update is supposed to release 30-60 days from the date of the last update.

We will release updates only when we feel they are ready for the big league (you guys) ....    30-60 days is the general idea so you guys at least have a reference point, but it's never set in stone and should only be considered tentative at best.

Please tell me which of these is the hardest to understand?  Why are some people still insisting that there has to be a schedule for updates?  Why do some people have to title updates by the calendar month?

Let me paraphrase for WGTNiv, and please excuse the "shouting", but emphasis is needed:

• THERE IS NO 'MARCH UPDATE'
    • 30 - 60 DAYS IS A GUIDELINE, NOT POLICY
    • DON'T EXPECT AN UPDATE JUST BECAUSE THE CALENDAR CHANGES

Now. can we be any clearer?  There should be no more talk of "regularly scheduled updates" because they just don't exist.

WGT is like Paul Masson... They will sell no update before it's time.

I thought WGTNiv was very clear about this, but apparently he wasn't.

Have a nice day.

RSS