Forums

Help › Forums

No March Product Update So Far!

Sat, Apr 3 2010 6:42 AM (27 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 2:24 PM

That's rather disappointing, isn't it? For over a week now, I've been holding off buying new clubs or club sets, because "new clubs" are announced for the upcoming product update, and I was pretty sure we'd get to see it this week, but it looks like the update will only (if at all!) arrive next week. There's still Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday left for WGT.

I just hope that putting off the March product update until the last minute means there'll be something more included in it than the rather meager and unexciting preview would suggest: "match play improvements, creating & joining groups, new awards & clubs & avatars". Can you say Duh!? Ah, here's hoping for something truly exciting, like new pin locations at Kiawah, or (dare I say it!) the back 9 of St. Andrews.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:47 PM
    Ah Faterson, forever hopeful. Last update was Feb 25 and in the year I have been here I have never seen 2 updates within 30 days. Myself I will be real surprised to see any changes until May. I hope I am wrong and you are not but that's my guess.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 5:28 PM

I may be mis-remembering it, but I think we used to have a pretty reliable 30-day update rhythm from the early summer of 2009 until (I think) December (with a lapse of one of the intervening months). The monthly updates used to come out at around day 15 in the month or so. Then there was a delay in January, and I think the January 2010 update came out at around day 20 or 22. The February update was released on day 25, and now the March update will be on day 29 or later (if at all). I thought someone from WGT had said that things were supposed to speed up in 2010 compared to 2009, but the current impression is that the opposite is true. Hopefully that impression is wrong!  

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:43 PM

Id be happy with an update that included a consistent meter as they have been looking into it for so long now i believe they must see right through it. The way i see it we get 1 new course a year and any updates otherwise will only contain thing WGT can make money off.

Im all for them making a profit but i want a consistent game not $5.00 Avatar but i guess they just love the complaints as we are looking into it is a real easy answer that has a zero cost

thx CSC

• Kobalt46
    276 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:21 PM

I thought I saw someone(Wgt type person)  say something  to the effect of a March update

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:45 PM

maybe it will be wednesday/thursday  april fool's day. And then who knows what that will be.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:50 PM

Month end is next Wednesday, perfect timing for April's tournaments and product improvements and enhancements.

• raidermatt1
    96 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:57 PM
    Why couldnt it happen tonight?
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:49 PM

Really I don't think it would happen on a Friday before Weekend.  But, one never knows.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 10:31 PM

I guess I'm just pessimistic; but doubtful, Faterson. 

RSS