Forums

Help › Forums

Re: "Lag" and lost balls...

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 15 2010 10:57 PM (4 replies)
  • Patricius
    2 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 12:32 PM

Occasionally while playing (maybe a few times a day), I'll have an issue where my swing meter has a "hiccup" for a fraction of a second. The hiccup appears to be on my side since I attempt to click the swing meter  based on the time rather than the visual cue of where the green bar is in relation to the perfect line. However, it doesn't go based on time, so when I get this little lag spike it causes me to shank horribly.

Now, I wouldn't have an issue with this if it were my own fault for clicking that prematurely, but when you lose a ball that you paid for... that's a bit objectionable in my opinion.

My suggestion for a lost ball is perhaps you lose some durability on the ball but not the whole thing. Spending $0.40/ball on a daily basis is probably quite a nice prospect from the developers but a big PITA for those who elect to pay for them.

Cheers,

Patrick

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 1:15 PM

Very good suggestion Patrick. IMHO the only time a player should lose a ball he or she has paid for is when they disconnect and leave their ball in fairway or green. Otherwise loss of some durability is and excellant idea.

J

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 2:38 PM

Patricius:
    The hiccup appears to be on my side since I attempt to click the swing meter  based on the time rather than the visual cue of where the green bar is in relation to the perfect line. However, it doesn't go based on time, so when I get this little lag spike it causes me to shank horribly

A perfect way to thwart auto-click schemes.

I know you're not using one of those because the T&C says you can't.  I would say you're asking for trouble trying to mentally "time" the hit. You should be able to visually see the stumble on the meter so if you want to keep doing  what you're doing you'd have to train yourself to not click when you see the stumble/lag. JMO

• Patricius
    2 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 9:43 PM

Well, the hiccup seems to have direct correlation with my local system performance. I can't tell if it's a graphics card or just general internet latency... Most of the time I'm able to not commit and let it go as a "practice swing." Other times I completely blow it and send one off in the weeds...

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 10:57 PM

Patricius:
    Spending $0.40/ball on a daily basis is probably quite a nice prospect from the developers but a big PITA for those who elect to pay for them.

I agree.

I know it may sounds doofus but since it is a simulator more than a game, to add more realism to it, they should offer ball clearance mix (like in any pro shop) with the ones recovered from the drinks! (with all the remaining durability, etc) Still better than the starter ones!

Rob

RSS