Forums

Help › Forums

Re: St andrew's hole # 2

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 14 2010 9:16 PM (3 replies)
  • jimputter
    6 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2010 5:41 PM
    what is the best placment or shot to get the ball close to the hole on the approach shot to the green on that hole.
  • BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2010 6:14 PM

Unless I have an ideal yardage to get some nice spin on it, I usually try to miss slightly long and right to leave a straightish putt.

edit- just looked at your clubs, probably going to be very tough to get an approach close w/ the flat trajectory and lack of spin with the starters.

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2010 7:03 PM

I'm not good enough to be giving advice, but if you have clubs with enough loft, you can land past the hole and the ball will stick.  It won't run down the slope to the back of the green like it does when you land your approach shot in front of the pin or at the front of the green.

I realize this is a duplication of what BNB just wrote, but it's in more laymans language.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2010 9:16 PM

If the wind is behind you, catch the front of the green and hope for a good bounce left that will curve in to the hole. If the wind is against you, landing the ball right at the top of the downslope will curve the ball to the hole.

RSS