Help › Forums

Re: putter glitch? I hope?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 11 2010 7:33 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 6:55 AM

LOL marioh-I was close. It was what you didn't spend that was the point, i.e., the irons.  :-D

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 6:57 AM

marioh:

I was basically put in the Master tier after the tier system was expanded from just hack and amateur (I was never a Pro tier player).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

Say it aint true, one of my heros has fallen, oh what a dark day indeed.  LOL  j/k

-------------------------------------------------

Here is what I recommend once you hit Pro: 

If you can afford it, buy the most expensive TM putter for 7.50, best purchase I ever made.

Then buy the WGT Tour Pro driver, 245 yards for 300 credits, those two things alone could get you to Master and 10 bucks, pretty economical. 

Got a couple more bucks, buy the WGT Tour Pro 3Wood for a 1.20 and a good wedge helps wonders around the green, PING Tour W Pro 60° and TaylorMade Z-Satin TP Pro 52°for 2 bucks each.   I'd also pick up the WGT Tour Pro irons for 350 credits. 

This is more or less exactly what I did.  Once you hit Master, you'll need the good irons and longer drivers but the above will get you there and not break the bank. 

Some cheap balls to slow the meter a little too,    WGT GI-D  for 50 cents work good, other more expensive ones work even better. 

If you want to spend a little more for some even better quality clubs, buy basically what this guy did:   http://wgt.com/members/Noobiedork/default.aspx

The wedges and putter I already mentioned more or less but better Driver, 3 wood and irons, I think he bought a whole Pro Ping complete set, you get a discount buying a whole set.  The thing here is these are more and will need to be upgraded eventually, except for the wedges and the putter is seperate from the set. 

Happy hitting. 

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 9:18 AM

YankeeJim:

LOL marioh-I was close. It was what you didn't spend that was the point, i.e., the irons.  :-D

I've been extremely cheap with this game.   I've bought credits, but the amount I spent is much, much less than the cost of the majority of new games (to give a basic idea of how much I spent without saying how much).

I really was gunning to spend no money at all, but I needed the R9 driver and 3 Wood once WGT ambushed me and moved me from amateur to master.

jayjonbeach:

marioh:

I was basically put in the Master tier after the tier system was expanded from just hack and amateur (I was never a Pro tier player).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

Say it aint true, one of my heros has fallen, oh what a dark day indeed.  LOL  j/k

LOL.   Trust me, I wasn't too happy with the skip of the Pro tier.   On the plus side, I wasn't alone.   Many other poor souls were bumped up to the Master tier from the Amateur tier as well.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 12:01 PM

YankeeJim:

DonnieBax:
    is there some way to adjust to the smaller ranges?

The up and down arrows by the scale yardage let you change the scale. Scrolling with the wheel on your mouse does the same thing. Get in the habit of not trusting the caddie. Also, be very aware that sometimes on long putts off the green this will show up as yards, not feet. Nothing worse than thinking you're on a 50 foot scale that was actually the 150 ft scale shown in yards. Oops!

Oops was NOT the word I used when I made that mistake the other day. Or the other 3 or 4 times I made that same mistake.

• DonnieBax
    17 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 7:33 PM

U GUYS OWN! GREAT INFO MARIOH. TYVM!

• PAGES
RSS