Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Club characteristics? Don't believe them.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 3 2010 8:08 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 2:41 PM

I just recently made Master as well and the first thing I did was buy a Driver to be able to make the par 5's in two, get over the fairway traps, etc not to mention longer drives mean higher loft clubs into the green = softer more controlled landings.

However I did not buy new irons, wedges or a putter, the later two don't need upgrading, the Pro version of the putter for example is the top of the line putter here.

What I can tell you after about 7 rounds or so is damn something did seem kind of different, I'm just not sure anything really was.  Something to consider also, when you buy new clubs, it usually takes a few rounds before they "settle down" and act consistently in the game in your hands, maybe making Master is the same way? 

I too was missing fairly easy putts at first and basically just got thrown right off my game (see my blog post LOL)  but I think things are settling in more now and last night I wiped the floor with Yankee Jim..... LOL  No that's not true, just poking fun at my bud there but really I think things are starting to come back together and putts are starting to fall again.   Except for the R9 driver, thats a piece of work, you've been warned....

Maybe give it a bit more time and see if things also settle down for you. 

Happy hitting

p.s  I wouldnt hesitate the get rid of those "craptures" however and the new TM putter really is the cat's meow :)   The downside of higher precision clubs is faster meter which means G balls are usually needed to slow it down, and they do. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 2:49 PM

jayjonbeach:
    but I think things are settling in more now and last night I wiped the floor with Yankee Jim.

Wiped the floor, huh? Ok bud-the next time I go 2 up after 2 I won't be playing around with different shots and goofing off because I have a patsy on the line. You'd better be happy if you make it to the 6th hole. LMAO-here kittty, kitty.

For the record jj's awesome new driver is killing him. I can testify. (Still LMAOing)

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 3:26 PM

I used the same irons when i first became a master that i used as a pro .... i noticed no difference in performance from changing from one TIER to another ... the clubs remained the same ... i do however stand by the observation i made a couple of months back ... when they (WGT) began changing green speeds and introduced the newer lines of golf balls i noticed that deviations from the norm appeared more frequently ... they appear to have somewhat lessened since then, but on some days the ABNORMAL deviations appear to be worse than others ... since no club is entirely 100% accurate or forgiving there will always be deviations in ball direction and distance ... it is something we just have to live with ... that's realism ... that has been my experience. My problems occur mostly from erratic swing meter performance and .... yes , sometimes my eye-hand co-ordination is not as good as it could be which leads to poor shot-making ...

But i don't think it has anything to do with accuracy diminishing as the result of advancement to a higher tier ...

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 3:49 PM
    Thank you everyone for the different insights and opinions on this matter. I took the entire day off from this game, which was tough. I will give it another evaluation tomorrow. I certainly plan to upgrade to all master tier clubs this week. I'm excited about that, and like club shopping. Plus I enjoy supporting WGT. However, as of right now I strongly stand by my assertion that the accuracy and shot placement abilities of my Pro Raptures has degraded considerably upon turning Master.
  • Dannyphantom
    85 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 8:08 PM
    I have played many rounds as a master with my Rapture irons and I feel they still rock on all courses except for BBB. And even there if you manage your game they work fine. I would chock it up to a few bad rounds and letting it get to you. Although I am working on learning the Ping G10 Master Irons again right now, in comps I always use the Raptures :)
  • PAGES
RSS