Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting without aiming triangle

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:47 AM (6 replies)
  • ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 6:29 AM

Do any members here putt without utilizing the aim triangle?  What I mean is leaving the aim triangle where it is, right above the cup, and use the power bar (draw/fade) either left or right of the ding to compensate for the breaks?  I have been using this method because I started playing the game incorrectly, without using the triangle to aim.  Except for very long putts, I find myself leaving the triangle alone.  I know it's wrong, but I can't seem to break the habit.

• lumpner
    23 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:33 AM

hi ghettocop,congrats on that ACE on #17. what club you use? i can par this sucker, maybe birdie,SELDUM,hehe. i need to duplicate your beauty someday. LOL, lump.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:40 AM

sometimes i leave it as is, sometimes i don't.   it depends.   :)

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:13 AM

lumpner:

hi ghettocop,congrats on that ACE on #17. what club you use? i can par this sucker, maybe birdie,SELDUM,hehe. i need to duplicate your beauty someday. LOL, lump.

Thanks Lump.  I'm not sure you need to duplicate my beauty though, as you have a better average than I do!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:20 AM

ghettocop1:
    Except for very long putts, I find myself leaving the triangle alone.  I know it's wrong, but I can't seem to break the habit

It's called whatever works for you GC-like marioh says, sometimes it works best that way. Knowing your putter and what you can get away with is the key so if you're getting them in it really can't be wrong. Whatever works.   :-)

• lumpner
    23 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:34 AM

not on #17,you da boss,hehe. practice till i get it, guess thats the way. cyaaaaaaa.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:47 AM

ghettocop1:
    Do any members here putt without utilizing the aim triangle?  What I mean is leaving the aim triangle where it is, right above the cup, and use the power bar (draw/fade) either left or right of the ding to compensate for the breaks? 

I use this method for putting 99% of the time. It's effective for me, but I would advise newer users to use caution when using this method.

The nivlac (a.k.a. WGTniv) putting method is a solid, and effective way to posting lower scores.

RSS