Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Leaving games early

Sun, Feb 28 2010 12:37 PM (5 replies)
  • Dehrin
    11 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 11:30 AM

first let me start by saying I've done it and its been done to me. i can (with out much effort) think of many, many, different reasons to leave a VIDEO GAME and can tell you that many of them dont require explanations to people who you dint know. friends are made true but in the usual way multiple encounters, stimulating conversation, and time spent together - not a click of a mouse. when one of you in the community wrote nasty, insultive comments on my wall (didnt know i had a wall till this) because i left a VIDEO GAME... well that really put the whole thing in perspective for me, I'm mean everything my avg, my spending a grand on a new computer, 2 different sets of clubs,  a different avatar it made me realize the other things that were being neglected in my life. i used to enjoy playing this game, the opportunity to meet people from all over, the conversations, but the things that were wrote on my wall and the resulting amount of you who then quit on games with me because of it... really...focused me. as i read over the threads (2) on this topic it focused me even more...its a VIDEO GAME, i paid for this computer to entertain ME! all this back bitting and gossip shames me as a man! it embarrasses me that people will sit...where ever... and worry so much about how they can get "one up" on some one else in a VIDEO GAME... free balls, a little humiliation for lesser experienced players,what ever they can get. no, people shouldn't "cheat" and pad their avg's but they shouldn't cut you off in traffic, take cuts in front of you in line, or any other of the trespasses that occur in every day life but do you go burn crosses in their yards? chase them down and paint nasty stuff all over their car? apperently...ya do if your a WGT member. another thing I'll get up and walk out of a movie if it sux... bet 99.9999999% of you do too...so...i'd like to say get some perspective, for all the questions put against my Honor over quitting a VIDEO GAME in the middle i question the community's morals and values and objectives. not one person put forth a suggestion on improving my game, understanding the rules, terms, but you were right there to question my honesty and morality and pass judgment over a decision to leave in the middle of a VIDEO GAME...WOW!...again...WOW! cant help but notice that most of you complaining about this issue are well masters and apparently you get something out of playing lesser experienced players... or you wouldn't do it. get a life!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 11:59 AM

A bit ranty... but well said nonetheless.

Lots of great people on this site.. and a whole boatload of overly competitive whiners as well.  Their very lives depend on whether or not they can win an electronic game.

Most of the time it's because their 'real' existance is so pathetic...  they have been beat on by this thing we call 'life' for so long, that any 'win' they can get from their computer (besides 'winning' the affections of a $30/hour naked chat friend) makes them feel special and important.

God forbid you leave "their" game.  They have to lash out at you to make themselves feel better... as they didn't get a chance to beat you in the game, they'll try to beat you up on your wall.

My advice to you.... play your game however you want and when someone writes on your wall, just press delete.  Done. 

Have a nice day.

• lumpner
    23 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 12:11 PM

forgive them father, they know not what they do.  very well put, your candor is stimulating. you are right, play this game for enjoyment: IT IS ONLY A GAME! lump

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 12:31 PM

Great post man.  I started just a couple of weeks ago, and was posting here almost daily, until I noticed something.  That something is a lot of these Match-Play playin' tournament obsessed, Super low average Masters (there are only about four or five of them that have serious delusions of real-life grandeur), sometimes take this stuff a little too seriously.  This is not real life.  I can't help but imagine some prickly heat laden, fat guy in tighty whiteys hunched over his stained keyboard in a dimly lit basement somewhere calculating where to place the aim triangle on the green so he can get a perfect roll on his approach shot.  Comical really.  This game is fun and challenging.  I love this game.  However I can't ever see myself engaging in match play with anyone else.  Just doesn't seem worth it.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 12:34 PM

Dehrin:
    WOW! cant help but notice that most of you complaining about this issue are well masters and apparently you get something out of playing lesser experienced players... or you wouldn't do it. get a life!

Well said, and they also like to read threads everyday, troll for flaws in your thinking (could be flaws in their thinking) and they in a group like wild dogs pounce on you and then congratulate each other for the job well done. If you do not believe this, just wait, here they come

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 12:37 PM

ghettocop1:
    I can't help but imagine some prickly heat laden, fat guy in tighty whiteys hunched over his stained keyboard in a dimly lit basement somewhere calculating where to place the aim triangle on the green so he can get a perfect roll on his approach shot.  Comical really.  This game is fun and

IF I owned a newspaper, I would offer you the job as sports editor. So well put .

RSS