Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Complete Offers to Earn Credit

Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:22 PM (9 replies)
  • GirouxHasHart
    1 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 9:04 PM

I'm wondering how to get more credits, and I stumbled onto the spam ads.  Does anyone know what kind of requirements are needed to get the credits, if you can get them at all, for filling out some of the ads?

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 5:53 AM

I must be missing something. This is the second post I've seen about receiving credits for responding to ads. I have yet to see anything like that.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 6:11 AM

It's a bit hard to find but, if you go to your 'account' page, click on 'buy credits' and then almost at the bottom click on 'change billing information' you will be taken to a screen that looks very much like the last, but now there is a button to 'complete offers to earn credits'

Hope this helps,

Lee

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 6:16 AM
    well, on that one that have been opend to the germans, you had to put your name(Full) in your credit card information, your date of birth your email address and such things. I haven't done it because there seemed to me no difference between that and buying credits per using your credit card.(it was just for 375 credits) regards
  • NormH3
    214 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 6:51 AM

It's a bit hard to find but, if you go to your 'account' page, click on 'buy credits' and then almost at the bottom click on 'change billing information' you will be taken to a screen that looks very much like the last, but now there is a button to 'complete offers to earn credits'

Hope this helps,

Lee

Yes it did. I think I'll just stick to buying them if necessary.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 9:33 AM

imcoola:
    well, on that one that have been opend to the germans, you had to put your name(Full) in your credit card information, your date of birth your email address and such things. I haven't done it because there seemed to me no difference between that and buying credits per using your credit card.(it was just for 375 credits) regards

Damn I would take 375!   Heck some of the USA ones have been 1000 or more too.

For the last 2 months the ONLY offer open to Canada has been 45 CREDITS! 

(and its an offer to join a kids website where you buy clothes for your cartoon characters......kids arent even allowed here!)

I am with you on the creditcard thing though, my card has been ripped off 3 times and twice it was from using it online. 

So then I thought maybe I will try one of the tasks.  Shouldnt be too hard and maybe try to get 45 credits that way.  I had to look up company information on the internet and verify address, phone, name, etc,

After an hour, I had done only 3 tasks out of 10 (all 10 required for the 45 credits I believe) and it said one of them was done wrong BUT in fact I was on the official website of the company so IT was wrong telling me I was wrong. 

I aborted the task   

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 11:10 AM

jayjonbeach:
     I am with you on the creditcard thing though, my card has been ripped off 3 times and twice it was from using it online.

Jayjonbeach... there is a way around that.  Might take a moment of your time to research in your area, but here we've had success with it.

Get a VISA (or any other major CC) GIFT CARD for around $25 or so.... and use that on the web site that you wish to spend money on.   Use it all up and there is no way that anyone can steal your information or card number simply because the card number is no longer valid.

Kind of like the old "hotmail" email addresses.  Disposable.

Hope that helps.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 11:24 AM

Thanks for this idea Snaike. 

Just to confirm though.  Are you saying that once I spend a VISA giftcard somewhere, say at Amazon, then I could potentially use that same VISA number for other things like these offers, where they are NOT going to charge you but want you to give your creditcard info? 

I know I have tried to enter a bogus card in the past or expired card for something somewhere like this dont remember where and it did come back and say the card wasnt valid. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 11:40 AM

jayjonbeach:
    Are you saying that once I spend a VISA giftcard somewhere, say at Amazon, then I could potentially use that same VISA number for other things like these offers, where they are NOT going to charge you but want you to give your creditcard info? 

Actually, I was not referring to these 'free' offers.  I was caught by your statement that you have had your CC info ripped while buying stuff online.  (A bit "off-topic", I know.)  This is how we get around those sites that we are not 100% sure of.  We use the gift cards like disposable credit cards... use them once, use them up, and toss them. 

I am certain you can recharge them, but then, what is the point of getting a Gift Card to use like this, when you can just use your regular CC?

Peace.

• scfireman14
    3 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:22 PM

Here is the link for the offers...it took some looking and googling to find on my part too!

http://www.wgt.com/user/gambit.aspx

RSS