Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Frustration

Mon, Feb 8 2010 10:04 AM (7 replies)
  • silky4015
    255 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 1:41 AM
    I’m having a lot of trouble with the 15th hole on Bethpage Black. The second shot always gives me a 5 iron, but the green is 36 feet above the fairway. Over the games, I tried the three iron or the hybrid; they only give me 90 yards and don’t make the green. If I use the three wood and reduce the distance from 220 to 200 I go through the green. If I reduce the distance any more I’m back to the same distance as the three iron and hybrid. It’s now got to the point that I’ll not play a ‘Ready Go tournament’ on the back nine as I always appear to get a double bogey or more on this hole. Any suggestions?
  • cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 2:10 AM

We all share your frustrations with bp#15, i always play for a par on here,2nd shot lay up right to the top off the f.way, this will leave a wedge shot off around 55 -65yds.Then what i do is add 5yds to the yardage with full b.spin and it is normaly  with in a yard.That 5yd extra is just enough to make up for the incline up to the pin.So if your yardage was 55 yds to the pin play it as a 60 yd shot with full b.spin.Obviously adjust for the wind 1st.Try it and see.

• silky4015
    255 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 5:59 AM
    Thanks Cobra4, I was thinking along the same lines this morning as I was playing our local course. Even a bogey is better than a double or more.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 6:28 AM

Just happened to make a 10+ft par putt on BP hole 15 yesterday (the traditional, difficult pin location). Happens very rarely! But it so occurred that my approach flop shot landed 10+ft below the cup, and there is a stretch of the green where the path towards the cup goes straight up, with almost no breaks to the left or right. So, if you can put your approach wedge/iron shot on that line (straight down from cup to bunker, where there are next to no breaks), that should leave you with a relatively safe par or birdie putt.

• silky4015
    255 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 7:04 AM
    On the green for 3 this afternoon but lipped the put.
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 7:24 AM

I have two birdies on my profile you may watch! That will show you were to put your 2nd so you have a shot at birdie. Make sure you watch the break on the green! :)) Happy shooting!

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 9:41 AM

Ducks fly..they cant golf  :).  Silky check out my #15 replay. Just add 10-13 yds with ts. Hope this helps you. GL

fuzzygazz

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 10:04 AM

If the pin location is on top of the hill (and if I have a good drive), I'll go for the green with the 2nd shot.

Pin location in the normal location, I'll lay up and hope to bury the birdie approach shot from the 50-70 yards I have left (like in the replay in my profile).

RSS