Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How would you like to comment "disconnecting" after missing shot?

Sun, Feb 7 2010 1:03 AM (2 replies)
  • Wolf1000
    6 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 11:23 PM

I’ve seen a couple of forum posts recently. One was about a player who disconnected on the 18th after going in the sand. OK, there are lots of reasons for disconnections, however that one is very suss. A penalty should be given to that player. A record can then be built up of a players profile then it would be easy to see who is cheating. It would show the number of disconnections and when – again WGT have that info at hand, they just need to use it. Also the recent post about the player who was -4 and on the second hole?? how does that work??? Other forms of cheating?  I don’t really know but I think for the sake of the game all forms need to be looked into and action taken, because the game is being played for real money after all. Ok – in the hack divisions it’s a lot easier to cheat and there’s not so much at stake – that not withstanding we don’t want cheats on this site. I understand the game is still in BETA, however once the game “goes Gold”  you would want it 100% cheat proof. Be interested in other player’s comments on this also. Keep up the good work WGT –it’s a great game, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lets sort out these cheats.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 12:00 AM

LOL, well, you do certainly seem to be concerned with snagging the cheaters.  Sure, I guess we could use an online version of Paul Blart, Mall Cop, but there will probably always be cheaters to some degree.  It just would be nice if they could minimize most of it and ban the major offenders.

Your posts seem to be on the extreme end though, making wild accusations with little-to-no evidence.  So how about you be specific Taz?

What the heck are you talking about with disconnecting and cheating?  How is somebody who disconnects cheating?  They give up their round if they don't come back.  In stroke play they would forfeit any tournament or credits in a match play challenge.  Sure, they might be able to keep a lower avg by doing this but that can only hurt them in credit based competitions.  I'm not seeing your angle here, please explain so someone can answer your question.  Or maybe someone else has a clue what you're talking about.

Also, it is definitely possible to be -4 through 2 holes, although not likely, specifically at Kiawah.  The 1st hole is the easiest hole of the 36 we have available.  You can hole that wedge of an approach shot once in a blue moon.  Also, #2 is a par 5 and reachable in 2 in the right wind conditions.  Sink the putt and you have an eagle.  The chance of these 2 happening are slim but definitely possible and I'm sure several of the elite players have done it at least once or twice.

Do you have any questions on how to improve your game or just general WAGs that others must be doing something that is shady if they can post a decent score?

Please be specific with any further cheating references so they can be discussed if needed and leave the WAGs for your shot at Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

• Wolf1000
    6 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 1:03 AM

OaktheToke:

LOL, well, you do certainly seem to be concerned with snagging the cheaters.  Sure, I guess we could use an online version of Paul Blart, Mall Cop, but there will probably always be cheaters to some degree.  It just would be nice if they could minimize most of it and ban the major offenders.

Your posts seem to be on the extreme end though, making wild accusations with little-to-no evidence.  So how about you be specific Taz?

What the heck are you talking about with disconnecting and cheating?  How is somebody who disconnects cheating?  They give up their round if they don't come back.  In stroke play they would forfeit any tournament or credits in a match play challenge.  Sure, they might be able to keep a lower avg by doing this but that can only hurt them in credit based competitions.  I'm not seeing your angle here, please explain so someone can answer your question.  Or maybe someone else has a clue what you're talking about.

Also, it is definitely possible to be -4 through 2 holes, although not likely, specifically at Kiawah.  The 1st hole is the easiest hole of the 36 we have available.  You can hole that wedge of an approach shot once in a blue moon.  Also, #2 is a par 5 and reachable in 2 in the right wind conditions.  Sink the putt and you have an eagle.  The chance of these 2 happening are slim but definitely possible and I'm sure several of the elite players have done it at least once or twice.

Do you have any questions on how to improve your game or just general WAGs that others must be doing something that is shady if they can post a decent score?

Please be specific with any further cheating references so they can be discussed if needed and leave the WAGs for your shot at Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

Ok,specific:Paul Blart is 50kg heavier then me! :)

RSS