Help › Forums

Re: POLL - Vote on new TM putter option

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:39 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:56 AM

Sorry chippy didn't mean to offend you, there were a few posts back when I wrote that post where no one was agreeing with you.

For this putter I still think WGT made a blunder on it and I'm not the only one to say this but apparently people who have posted here are not concerned and more scared of change, thats fine, that was the purpose of the poll and this thread.  I found another way around it and putt great with it but I still think anyone using avatar movements as one of their methods for putting got screwed here having 60foot and 90foot exactly the same. Some people dont realize that changing this does not even effect the putter at all, only the avatar movements for the 60 foot scale which would give you an additional gauge and help you further to judge distance. 

Happy hitting

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 12:25 PM

I could be way off base but  I like it like it is.  Making many more longer putts than i did with the Redwood.

It really doesn't matter what the movement yardage is because it changes based on the green speeds.   Personally I only know the movement yardage on the 15 and 30 yard scales for the Redwood and the new putter .... if i have to go to the higher scales I just wing it and try to 2 putt.

For Fast greens i use 6 ft per movement .. for Very fast I use 7.5 ft per movement.   For Slow or Regular or whatever the other things that pop up are .. i have no clue so I just hit it harder than I think and usually miss.  

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 3:03 PM

POLL  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  Do you prefer the Redwood or the new TM putter?  Daytona

2.   Would you like to see the 60 foot scale on the TM changed to 8 x 7 + 4?  No

3.   Would you like to see the 15 foot changed to 3 x 5?   No

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 6:17 PM

1. Daytona. Why? I used it for about 3 days after having used the Redwood and it just started to feel right. I did have some trouble adjusting to the slower meter, but I did adjust and I love this putter

2 & 3. I guess I am missing the boat here - my putting stats are not that good - but I don't use avatar movements. I just eyeball the meter for distance. Gauging distance is much less of a problem for me than gauging break  - or so I believe.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:39 PM

On the money there three spot well said

chip

• PAGES
RSS