Forums

Help › Forums

Re: wind

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 16 2010 8:19 PM (1 replies)
  • haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 8:01 PM

here's a good one for you, playing ready-go as a master, kiawah 17th hole, distance 195 yards, 7 mile per hour wind from left, slightly in my face.  hit 3 iron, 200 yard club. 

hit the bar about 1/4 inch left of the accuracy bar, ball starts out left of the hole and drifts all the way across the green into the water.  reload and aim a little further to the left.  the ball goes left of the pin and takes a 90 degree turn to the right, barely hits the green and bounces into the water. 

the wind directions seem to be very inconsistent.  against the wind, sometime 1 yard per mph of wind.  other times against the wind, like it isn't even there, ball carries as far or further than it would without wind.

another one!  203 yard hole with 20 mph wind in my face, green even with the tee, take quite a bit off my 3 wood which is a 230 yard club.  with what i took off should have been 210 yard shot.  ball hit the front of the green, one bounce to the back of the green, second bounce into the long rough back of the hole.  computer said that my distance, with 20 mph headwind was 252 yards.  have never been able to hit the 3 wood that distance, even with a following wind.  what gives?

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 8:19 PM
    I did my second round of the multi today and have never seen anything as bad as today. I had 183 yds to pin with 8mph tailwind, figured 170 would do the trick as I wanted to be 5yds short of pin. My ball sailed over the pin and my shot distance with rollout was 192yds. Crosswinds sometime had no affect on the ball and then other times your would shoot with the wind right off the tee. Oh well, just have to struggle on until they fix it.
RSS