Re: "Why Haven't You Bought 'The Master Driver'?" - My Reply

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:07 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:25 PM

Doublemochaman:
    Oh, and what's with that half-eaten ham sandwich I found in the balls pocket?!

Sometimes you need a little extra mustard.

The R9 has plenty.

I haven't tried the G10 driver, but I have both Master 3w's. Switched back and forth, mostly unhappy with both honestly. I wanted to get on in 2 on par 5's, but mostly it was over - not on when I went for it. The Rapture Pro 3W is really great  for that- slow meter gets me sometimes though. Lately I am carrying just the Burner Tour Launch 3H - and wow, what a versatile club. If I have a wind that I might be going for it anyway, this club has the distance - and I get to take a full shot, and bites a little more than the other options - and allows me to carry a 3rd wedge on BPB without hesitation.

(winding back on topic)

Your driving distance will dictate the wedges you'll need in your bag. So when and if you do upgrade the driver, you wedge needs may change, but the course dictates that also.

I don't need my 105 yard 54* wedge on BPB much except for on 18. If I drop down to 2 wedges there, this is the one I drop. It's probably my most used club on Kiawah island though, taking 6 or 7 approach shots with it in a round of 18.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 3:13 PM

You didn't hear the latest?!  Now you can buy half-eaten or whole ham sadwich avatars in the pro shop.  But if you lose your ham sandwich it'll default to a lousy hot dog. 

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:07 PM

no wonder Seinfeld gets such a laugh you guys would think a fly on a dog turd is amusing

• PAGES
RSS