Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Beggars on WGT?

Tue, Jan 12 2010 2:20 PM (4 replies)
  • rarbl
    40 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 12:48 PM

I would just like to raise this issue due to the fact I was just sent a message from a player I've never met or played with before asking me if I could buy him clubs, and he would repay me double in the future.

99.9% of the time this is ridiculous and untrue, and it annoys me due to the fact he just probably searched for the best ranked players and asked all of them this. Has anyone else had this problem? But seriously, if you can't deposit 15 bucks to buy some equipment, that's just sad.

-Rarbl

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 1:27 PM

Hi,

I'm beginner player in WGT. I want to ask you about a loan/gift. Could you give me as a gift new:

- R9 10.5° Driver

- Burner Plus Iron Set (Steel)

- Spider Putter??

When I won some credits I give you back TWICE more credits. I will be very gratefull for help. Regards ________ from ______

Would THAT be the message you speak of?  I must admit, I LOL'd at the little idiot.  I removed the name to protect the _____.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 1:35 PM

rarbl:
    But seriously, if you can't deposit 15 bucks to buy some equipment, that's just sad.

It could have been an underage player, Rarbl. There are very many of them here, but they can't admit it openly, or they'll be banned instantly. (We do hope WGT will soon remove the nonsensical limitation for underage players to join this site, instead preventing them only from entering any credits/prizes transactions.) Of course, persons younger than 18 cannot easily possess their own credit cards, open PayPal accounts, etc. So even a purchase worth $1 may be inaccessible for them.

Or, it could be a person from a foreign country where it may be difficult to get hold of a credit card accepted by WGT, or impossible to open a PayPal account. Please also consider that $15 is quite a fortune in some countries of the world.

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 1:58 PM

Although I haven't received anything like that, my guess is that those individuals are acting on a mass scale, trying to excercise rules of statistics - "If I pm enough members for sure at least one will respond". I cannot speak for others, but for me such deal must involve some level of trust. Here I cannot see a trace. Even if the other person indeed is a kid then without a serious indication of possesed skills and prospects of improvement such gift will only spoil.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 2:20 PM

I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today rarbl !

Thanks !!  :)

RSS