Forums

Help › Forums

Re: #14 hole BPB

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 8 2010 10:39 AM (5 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 3:27 AM

Several times now I've hit a 7 iron with a significant tail wind which I estimate at 95% power, to only travel approximately 153 yards.  The clubs I have are G10 Master irons using the tour GI-SD balls.  The last time was in the Jan unlimited tourney with a 10 mph tailwind. I tried sending a bug report after the shot, however, I waited approximately 4 minutes and the bug report didn't send.  Hence, writing this bug report.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:02 AM

Been there, done that, have the shirt to prove it!

It happens quite a lot on Bethpage #1 as well in the range from 140 - 160 yards out on the approach, both 7 Iron and 8 Iron seem to be affected...

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:46 AM

I call this phenomenon "Sometimes the wind doesn't matter".  I have always remained undecided about whether it constitutes an actual bug or if some other factor (i.e. "the wind is tricky sometimes" a la Bethpage #8 with the change in elevation, upward/sloped/away from player green landing etc).

The "Sometimes the wind doesn't matter" phenomenon is most notably observed in a situation where you might have a 12 mph straight CROSSWIND and you aim accordingly.  You hit your shot and the ball does not move at all off the line you aimed.

Occurs occasionally but not frequently in my games.  Maybe one time every 5th or 6th round.  Maybe slightly less but always leaves me wondering "did I just see that"?

Based on your comments I am going to keep an eye to see if it seems to be "club-specific".

Regards, AtlantaCoaster

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 9:57 AM

Infinito3010:
    I tried sending a bug report after the shot, however, I waited approximately 4 minutes and the bug report didn't send

Here's a little tip we got from Mister WGT the other night when he was hanging out in mIRC with us.

He says that it helps to close & then re-open the game pop-up after every 3 or 4 games. When you right-click and send a bug report, it sends all the data from the time you opened the game window. That made mucho sense to me... I've had the same problem in the past. Sometimes the bug report zips right through, and other times it takes FOREVER... and 'i'm guessing that those really slow times were after I had been playing for hours.

Jeff

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 9:59 AM

Probably should have posted this here...

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 10:39 AM

Strange, but I have had no issues or problems with the G10 master irons at all.  Just the last couple of days.  That is why I posted the bug log.

RSS