Forums

Help › Forums

Re: stuck on "Loading next location"

Sat, Jan 9 2010 11:25 PM (7 replies)
  • babaganoosh13
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 9:48 PM

Every now and then after I hit a shot, instead of moving to the next shot, the game will just freeze on the current shot location with the "Loading next location" text in the bottom left corner of the screen.  It doesn't happen after every shot, but still often enough that it is nearly impossible for me to finish even just 9 holes.  I am hoping that this issue will be fixed soon, after all, the game is still in the beta stages, but does anyone know how I might be able to address the issue until a game update is released?

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 4:07 AM

Have you tried clearing your Browser and FLASH cache.

It is possible that you have corrupt files in one or the other. 

Happy hitting

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 10:04 AM

I seem to now have this problem, for the first time ever. Which means only one thing...

I'll have to clear my Flash Cache for the first time EVER!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 7:30 AM

Ellis,

You should be clearing your flash cache at least after every update. I bet your game play improves now that you have cleared it out. You should do your browser cache too.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 8:36 AM

As it turns out the game play after I cleared my cache was laggier (that even a word?), and wasn't that much faster.

Plus, the game still crashed on the same hole, as it had no effect at all.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 9:00 AM

Both the Flash cache and the browser cache need to be cleared. And, of course the game is a bit slower (to start with) after the 2 caches are cleared, because all the game components need to be downloaded from WGT's servers all over again.

• babaganoosh13
    8 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 10:19 PM

i cleared my flash cache and that seems to have worked so far, thanks!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 11:25 PM

This is maybe overkill..I dump my cache every morning before I play and reboot my modem...cures lots of problems..

RSS