Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Google Chrome

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 6 2010 1:10 PM (4 replies)
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 12:08 PM

I have been running Google Chrome with the flash beta.

The last couple of days I will be playing and then I get a big exclamation mark in a yellow triangle telling me that the flash player has crashed.

I have now reinstalled Chrome and the regular Flash 10.

I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem?

Thanks 

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 12:59 PM

I've been running on Google chrome with the flash beta since the beta came out with no issues.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 1:06 PM

I have seen this message on RARE occasions and i figured out what seems to cause it.

I have seen it ONLY if I have other Google Chrome Browser windows open.  In my case, if I close EVERYTHING (THIS INCLUDES CLOSING THE WGT MAIN/HOMEPAGE ITSELF)  - EXCEPT for the Game Portal/Window itself, it never happens.  All that junk they run on the main page about "Facebook us and Twitter us" and the rest of the advertising are as "guilty" in causing the problem as any other website would be.  Add to that NO meter skipping no tech issues at all observed when playing with all windows closed.  "Your results may vary"

Since the WGT Game Portal Window is so highly demanding of FLASH resources (more than any other site I have used) having ANY other windows open that also use those resources - EVEN IF THEY ARE MINIMIZED - the Flash/banner ads etc are still running and are still draining FLASH resources - and this results in the CRASH you described - and sometimes meter skips and so on.

***The problem that WGT has is this:  CLOSING ALL WINDOWS is simply NOT consistent with the way 99.99% of the world uses a computer - but I suspect this one thing would solve 90% of the tech issues.

Certainly, NO ONE can expect to be Twittering and AOL IMing or any of the rest of the junk that is distracting and expect to score very well here anyway - BUT - this is the world in which we live.  Myself, I prefer to concentrate on my golf.  LOL

Regards, AtlantaCoaster

• TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 1:10 PM

Hey Soulcatcher,

I had a crash yesterday with regular Flash 10 and Google Chrome. I had to reload the 17th hole on Bethpage four times and it would not switch between views, however, that was a one of for me and flash.

My rounds yesterday were slow loading with multiple warnings about server connection so that may have had something to do with it.

Cheers,

Tom

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 1:10 PM

It is an all of a sudden thing so I just wanted to know if others were having the same problem or it was strictly an issue on my end.

My end I guess.

Thanks

RSS