Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wind glitch still happening

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 18 2010 1:44 PM (8 replies)
  • BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:24 PM

Lvi and I were playing a practice round today.  After shots spraying wildly we finally realized on the 3rd hole that it was showing different winds for us on every hole.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:31 PM

Same 2 holes here ... 6 and 7 on Bethpage ....

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:41 PM

That exact thing has happened to me twice in 6 months..i don't know what causes it..make for an interesting round  lol.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 6:54 PM

I have had it happen 3 times in the last few weeks also. Geordieles and i had it happen in a match we played recently. This was reported months ago and nothing has been done about it. I honestly wonder if they really intend to fix the problems with this game or if maybe the "problems" are allowed to continue to ensure that we don't get too good at the game. Think about how frequently game play seems to change. Honestly if the game played correctly [meter and wind] and consistently then everyone would be shooting under 30 for 9 holes and with just two available courses it wouldnt be long before a lot of people got tired of the game. I think that they think they need inconsistent game play to make this game "realistic" and make it challenging when in fact all it is doing is pissing off the paying customers.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 9:57 PM

After my 4th bogie in a row at Kiawah front nine, in multiplay just now, I discovered the same problem. My opponent's wind was correct, mine wasn't. I was wondering wth was happening, and couldn't put my finger on it until I remembered these posts about it. Last month tibbets mentioned it, but I never saw it until tonite. What a trip!

I submitted an in game bug report. And NO... I didn't finish the game!  (played 8 just to check it out)

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:08 AM

Thanks for all the reports. We are tracking this down now.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:11 AM

Thanks Alex.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:00 AM

WGTalex:

Thanks for all the reports. We are tracking this down now.

This problem was reported months ago by tibbets. This is the most recent post detailing this problem so WGT has been aware of this for quite awhile.

It has been 12 days since we were told you were "tracking this down now" in this post and we were told you were "tracking it down" in tibbets thread with your post on 10-5-2009.

Is it tracked down yet? Has it been fixed? Would it be possible to find out whats been done?

Thanks.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 1:44 PM

We're looking into this, and if there is a bug we can confirm and fix, it would be done in the next release. We have product updates every few weeks, and when that happens we will announce the downtime plus a list of changes and fixes. We have not had a product update in the past 12 days.

RSS