Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Accuracy lines on swing meter moving closer?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 7 2010 12:25 PM (4 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 8:50 PM

Has anyone figured out what effect this has? 

What I am talking about is when you are putting and you "hold" back your club for a few moments trying to get the power right when putting (happens on other shots too but not as much).   Where the sweet spot is there a line on either side creating a "shaded" area, when you hold back your putter, the shaded area starts to "shrink". 

Anyone know if this does anything at all? 

TIA, never seen this mentioned anywhere. 

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 12:12 AM

Come one now, someone must have noticed this right?

At least tell me you seen it, I just wonder if it has any effect, I suspect it does...

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 6:44 AM

Yup, I've seen it, can't really tell you the purpose except that it has to do with the tempo of your swing.... the more you hold at the top the less likely you are to get good contact at the bottom.  Having said that, the size of the 'zone' you refer to is out of proportion to the actual forgiveness of even the most forgiving clubs.  So to sum it up, not really much purpose right now.

Just my thoughts and speculations....

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 10:44 AM

Jayjon ... a couple months ago, someone asked the same thing. My feeling then was the same as it is now.  I look at that blue zone as the margin of error. With a quick swing, your margin for error is the greatest , but as you hold at the top of the swing, that margin of error shrinks and slight mishits will tend to more off-line.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 12:25 PM

Thanks guys!

Jeff that is my exact suspicion too, I wonder if its true, that would certainly help discourage people trying to take too long to line up the perfect shot (which I have been doing....LOL)

Might stay an ancient WGT secret.....

RSS